Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2004, 07:07 PM

Default Low Limit in Vegas

What are the best places to play low limit in Vegas? 3/6, 4/8. Non smoking would be nice as well.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Low Limit in Vegas

Excalibur had the best cardroom from what I saw. Mostly spread games 1-3, 2-6, NL, Stud, and an occasional 4/8 holdem.

Two great incentives: If you lose w/ pocket AA, you get to spin a prize wheel and win 20-300$. median 40.

Also, if you get quads or higher, you get to spin the wheel also, and both of your hole cards don't need to play.

Play is pretty soft.

Another good option is the Palms, where they have 2-4 games and higher that are very soft.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:59 PM

I would have to recommend at least visiting the Mirage (3-6) and the Bellagio (4-8). Best dealers, nicest rooms, and lots of rich tourists with money to burn.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:44 AM

on the strip excalibur is fun with the spread games, i played some 1-3 and 2-6, its nice when theres so many loose players there that call everything, but if i remember correctly the rake was a little high...
Old 09-04-2004, 03:07 PM

3/6 at Mirage and 4/8 at Mandalay Bay was best I found a couple weeks ago at those limits. Played at 10 card rooms and will only play at these two rooms in future trips.
Old 09-04-2004, 04:43 PM

Mandalay Bay and The Monte Carlo are much better than The Bellagio and The Mirage for low limit games.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:18 PM

Just returned from Vegas and the best place I played was Sam's Town, hands down. No newbies or calling stations there waiting to river you, strictly locals. The dealers were the nicest I've ever seen and the 4-8 game was pretty tight. If you know how to play, it's the place to go.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just returned from Vegas and the best place I played was Sam's Town, hands down. No newbies or calling stations there waiting to river you, strictly locals. The dealers were the nicest I've ever seen and the 4-8 game was pretty tight. If you know how to play, it's the place to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are kidding, right???
Old 09-04-2004, 10:14 PM

Thanks for the tip, I'm definitely there next time I'm in town! I just hate when those clueless n00bs keep sucking out on me, now I can finally get my money in when other people have the goods!
Old 09-04-2004, 10:19 PM

Agree with you on Belagio. wouldn't wait long time needed to get a seat and even though reports say it is easy to make a profit there from the wealthy people playing there that don't know how to play very well, just something about the room just doesn't appeal to me. You couldn't pay me to play at the Monte Carlo again. Always a pleasurable and profitable experience at the Mirage 3/6 tables.