Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2004, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Discrepancy in Caro\'s Pro Poker Tells?

I made a similar call last night after a big stare down by a player that also missed his draw. My read was good my kicker wasn't (ATs was out kicked by AJo).

Live and learn.

I think the best ones I’ve seen are the lean in (weak) and lean back (strong) and the one about watching the guy to your left pre-stacking his chips for a raise.

None are worth a dime if you don't watch the table. Chances are I give away less tells having read the book than I have picked up but if was worth the money and the read.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Discrepancy in Caro\'s Pro Poker Tells?

I had Caro's book when it first came out and I'll never forget my first reaction which was oh my god, I do all this stuff. I doubt I picked up one useful thing from his book on how to read my opponents any better because I think the main thing there is not making reads -- that can't be help -- but rather, reacting well to them. But what I did get indirectly from Caro's book was an instant and shocking lesson after about three pages, on the importance of working non-stop every session on being as tellless as possible, during the hands, and especially between them.

Tommy