Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 09:21 AM

Default A general question...

I was curious to see what some of you thought. I recently moved up limits and since I have been doing well. However, I was curious if it took you a while as well to adjust to the swings a higher limit can bring. One minute your up and then another minute your down quite a bit and then right back up again. I just wanted to hear your thoughts on this and see what you all had to say. Thanks.

Mike
Old 08-10-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: A general question...

I recently moved up from 100NL and 200NL to 200NL and 400NL. The first time I moved all in with a straight and lost when he caught a flush on the river, I lost $650 and it took the wind out of me, and that was only one pot, but that one pot was 6 buyins for what I started the summer playing. i am only a lowly college student, so a 2K downswing can be quite unnerving despite having the bankroll. I get into my Ramen and Pabst college student mindset and think about how much money is on the line. However, the upswings are equally as rewarding, and so far there have been more upswings than downswings. I'm lucky because I don't play as much at college so I don't plan on moving up levels anytime soon, so now that I have a bankroll that I'm very comfortable with, I just cash out any profit from sessions, bringing me back to my startying bankroll for these levels. I've near doubled my bankroll, and withdrawn, so knowing that I'm playing with profit helps. For some reason even though the downswings worry me more, I have't gone on tilt because the money is so much more I don't have the luxury of tilting off a few K.