Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Eli... LEGIT

Ernie Accorsi took a lot of heat from a lot of "experts" when he gambled by paying up with draft choices to get Eli Manning before the 2004 season. A lot of people said the Giants gave up way too much to get a player who was likely overrated due to his famous last name.

Less than a year and a half later, the critics have been silenced and Accorsi appears to have been vindicated on his move- Eli has looked flat out sick in his last two games, and his numbers on the year put him among the NFL's elite at the QB position.

True, it's still early in the year, but there is no doubt that this guy has a tremendous upside and, barring injury, is looking at a great career at the NFL level.

Curious to hear what others are thinking of Eli Manning and the Giants right now. I put a major bet on the Jints over 6.5 (about 18 times my normal wager size), and a lot of that was due to my faith in Eli.

Accorsi should be praised for putting it on the line with a belief that he had a great player on his hands. Eli is the type of guy you pay up for-- having a great QB for a decade or longer is nearly priceless.

Thoughts?
Old 10-02-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Eli... LEGIT

Old 10-02-2005, 05:40 PM

Dude, it's against the Rams.

He looked lost against the Saints save for one drive, and against the Cardinals he completed less than 50% of his passes.

I'm sure the kid's smart, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Plaxico Burress being covered deep by Michael Hawthorne is a very good matchup for the offense.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:45 PM

Giants did give up too much for Eli, since chargers drafted him and he would nto play for them... Giants had the ball in their court and over payed... they could have drafted bIg Ben...
Old 10-02-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I notice you are quick on the trigger with football posts, yet give some leeway with baseball posts.

I may have found a kink in your anti idiot armor.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I notice you are quick on the trigger with football posts, yet give some leeway with baseball posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he's only got 50 posts. It looks like something he copied from another article. It's got absurd who-cares bragging ("20x my base unit" or whatever). Every part of it screams troll. I just have no time for it and I don't want to read 3 or 4 more posts of his later on before I remember that it's all the same moron.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, it's against the Rams.

He looked lost against the Saints save for one drive, and against the Cardinals he completed less than 50% of his passes.

I'm sure the kid's smart, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Plaxico Burress being covered deep by Michael Hawthorne is a very good matchup for the offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Manning has looked progressively good this season though. Sure it's still early in his career, but he does appear to have a promising future.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he's only got 50 posts. It looks like something he copied from another article. It's got absurd who-cares bragging ("20x my base unit" or whatever). Every part of it screams troll. I just have no time for it and I don't want to read 3 or 4 more posts of his later on before I remember that it's all the same moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

im confused, whats with 57?
Old 10-02-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it would be out of your range to consider that the fact that I don't have 3 million posts on this site has something to do with my having a busy and well-balanced life outside of cyberspace.

You're the guy who was willing to read through and grade every fantasy draft sent to you by any random stranger on this site, right? You obviously have a lot of spare time on your hands. I'm guessing one of your arms is a lot stronger than the other one and you probably don't get out much.

Better hurry- the 11,000 post barrier awaits you.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:42 PM