Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 10:25 PM

Default My Stupid Mistake with Aces...

So I'm playing 100NL at Hollywood Park today. I've got about $300 in front of me. There are a couple limpers, I raise $15 after I look down at Weapons of Mass Destruction(thanks VVP). The button folds, Small Blind poooooshes all in! I'm thinking great. He has about $80. A player UTG says "call" with around $150. I push my stack in and say "call."

SB says "let's turn em over?" I turn over Aces, look at SB with 1010 and UTG with AKo.

Dealers deals out the flop. She deals the turn. She deals the river. My aces hold up. The BB jumps out of his seat and screams in agony. He folded 44 and would've hit a set.

The dealer divides up the money, but to my surprise she gives UTG about $70 back. I scratch my head and inquire. She said that we both just said call and that we had the SB covered. I say, "So why did you play out all the cards?" And she says because we turned our cards over.

I don't play much B&M so I guess it was my blunder. Honestly I don't remember for sure if I said call or not, or if UTG pushed all his chips in. I assume she was right. I try not to be a nit at the table, and I won a few hundred on that hand anyway, so I didn't make a big deal, but I did consider calling the floor over. I didn't though.

After she finished her time at the table she came over and apologized to me, and told me it was nothing personal, but that's how she saw the action. Very nice of her. I'm a little mad that I didn't get my extra $70. But the other guy is a regular and I've taken a lot of money off of him in the past weeks anyway.

Just posting this as a warning. Online you have the little bar where you can slide your chips all in, so it's hard to forget. But I forgot this time, just said "call" and it cost me. Make sure you don't mkae the same mistake I did.

Questions, comments, etc are welcome.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Re: My Stupid Mistake with Aces...

[ QUOTE ]

Small Blind poooooshes all in! He has about $80
UTG says "call" with $150
I...say "call."

[/ QUOTE ]

You are glad you didn't call the floor. Your post is self-incriminating.

Don't do that again.

-ZEN
Old 11-22-2005, 10:46 PM

There were so many blunders in this hand, I don't know where to start...

When you say you pushed your stack in - your whole stack, or just enough to make the call? If it was your whole stack, why would you say call? In either case, why did you flip your cards when another player still had chips? If he flipped his first, you should have pointed out that you both still have chips. You should have asked the dealer to stop dealing the flop, turn, river... Wow, this hand was totally f'ed up by EVERYONE involved.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:49 PM

I am sure you won't do this again, now that you are Experienced.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:44 PM

I pushed in my whole stack. So did UTG. I really dont remember if l said call but l know l pushed my stack in. I know l screwed up, hence the title of the post. Just a warning for others. I felt like a moron. Definately wont happen again.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I pushed in my whole stack. So did UTG. I really dont remember if l said call but l know l pushed my stack in. I know l screwed up, hence the title of the post. Just a warning for others. I felt like a moron. Definately wont happen again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are these lowercase L's?
Old 11-23-2005, 12:53 AM

I copied and pasted into Quark and ran a bunch of fonts...
they are indeed uppercase i's

(I only actually did this to kill my last 4 minutes at work [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])

-ZEN
Old 11-23-2005, 02:19 AM

I was posting from my phone while in a car so please forgive any typos/screw ups.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are these lowercase L's?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, this is definitely the best post I've seen in B&M
Old 11-23-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are these lowercase L's?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, this is definitely the best post I've seen in B&M

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

(But now that I look again, the I's that begin a sentence in the OP are different (serifs?) than the I's in the middle of a sentence - on my screen anyway.)