Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Tilt. Stopping Early.

Good question. I'm wondering the same thing myself after a bewildering 125BB downswing over 1169 hands, that's -10.71BB/100 hands! I wasn't tilting, I wasn't doing stupid [censored] like raising the turn with K-high because 'the fish are making plays at me.' I just played my normal game, missed every flop, and lost to 2 outers and gutshots whenever I had a hand. I even lost 12BB alone with KK when I had a boat, and a guy with JT for a straight wouldn't stop pumping the pot against another guy who had AA for a bigger boat! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I've only had such a bad downswing one other time at 2/4, and in the same way I just continued to play my session through to the end without setting a loss limit. Fwiw, I've also had the experience of dropping 50BB at the beginning of a session, only to swing back 100BB for a 50BB net. This game is f'ing crazy. So, ultimately, to answer your question, don't stop early if you're not on tilt.