Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Hand from Party $100 NL

455 starters, about 100 left. I have T2700 before posting which is around half the avg. 150/300 blinds and I'm in the BB w/ T8o. Folds to the SB who completes, he has around 3700. I have no rock solid read on the SB because I'm 8 tabling at the moment. This felt like a really strange situation for some reason due to the size of my stack and the size of his flop bet.

Flop is 8 5 2 rainbow and the SB bets 300, your action?
Old 02-21-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Hand from Party $100 NL

I would push here. If he was slowplaying a big pair, I think he'd give you a chance to bet this flop and then try and check-raise you. THis looks more like a so-so hand that he didn't want to fold pre-flop, but he knows you're getting desperate and doesn't want you calling his all-in. Now he's risking just a little bit to see if you got any part of this. And if you're wrong, you will have some outs.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:05 PM

I like the push.

If he has a pocket pair your the BB and are seeing the flop for free so you could have poped 2 pair, so if your over the top He's risking a large portion on his chips and he has no read on your cards.

He didn't raise before the flop so he probly doesn't have much and was probly planning to bet no matter what came.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:09 PM

push

i think the SB is just tryin to take the pot right there with the min bet. smack him back with the push
Old 02-21-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
455 starters, about 100 left. I have T2700 before posting which is around half the avg. 150/300 blinds and I'm in the BB w/ T8o. Folds to the SB who completes, he has around 3700. I have no rock solid read on the SB because I'm 8 tabling at the moment. This felt like a really strange situation for some reason due to the size of my stack and the size of his flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is another method of stealing the blind.

Complete the sb, bet out no matter what thinking that the BB will miss the flop a big percentage of the time.

I would def. raise/push, and most likely I would push preflop.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is another method of stealing the blind.

Complete the sb, bet out no matter what thinking that the BB will miss the flop a big percentage of the time.

I would def. raise/push, and most likely I would push preflop.

This could be a trap, but I think long term, its still a profitable play to be agg here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-21-2005, 07:32 PM

This was just a checkup really. I was pretty sure pushing was the play by a wide margin. I pushed and he called w/ J8. Bye bye.