Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-20-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Nut flush draw on a paired board

(This was on ParadisePoker, don't know how to upload hand history)

I have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button. MP-1 calls, MP-2 calls, I call , SB calls, BB checks. 5-way to flop.

Flop comes Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], checked to me, I check for a free card.

Turn shows Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], SB bets, BB folds, MP-1 calls, MP-2 folds, I call.

I feel like checking the flop was the correct play. If you disagree, let me know.

Is the turn bet worth calling? It's a $9 pot, and if I hit my [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] flush, I figure it won't build too much more on the river. If someone else has two lower [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s, I might bank if a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] does hit, but that would reduce my outs from 9 to 7. If one of these guys is slowplaying a Q, he might hit his boat on the river or already have it. I figure it unlikely enough that this isn't the case so I call.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Nut flush draw on a paired board

bet the flop. you may pick it up here, and you may force someone with a queen to attempt a "sweet" check raise on the turn, only you'll get a free card out of it.

that said, there's no doubt you should be calling the turn, if not raising.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:53 PM

Bet the flop for sure. Take a free turn(if you choose) when the bets are big.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:55 PM

You have enough callers in the hand to pump this flush draw for value. I bet the flop.

What limit were you playing? I'm having trouble getting $9 at the point where you call.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:56 PM

Bet the flop. You could easily pick up the pot if nobody has a Q. Betting the flop would've driven out the two that folded on the Turn bet anyway. You still would have had the same money in the pot.

Calling the Turn is fine.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:57 PM

uno/dos
Old 12-20-2005, 03:58 PM

It was 1/2, $5 was in the pot pre-flop, on the turn there were 2 $2 bets with me to act, so $9 pot (8.75 with rake)
Old 12-20-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Should I post results?

Is it standard proceedure to now post the river action and result of the hand, or can I just leave it up for discussion with the current information?
Old 12-20-2005, 04:13 PM

Bet the flop. First of all, your bet is for value. That's the main thing. As a side benefit, it will often get you a free card on the more expensive street, which you should take since the board is paired and many people love to wait for the turn to get aggressive with trips.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:13 PM

nestle grunch

This hand is multiway so bet that flop. If someone check-raises you, so be it. A likely candidate would be a lone Q and you still have 9 outs to improve. So you'd call the check-raise and look at the turn. Like the turn call.