Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 06:38 AM

Default AKo- big pot.

1st orbit, no reads. Table is loose. Any other line here?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (13.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls.

River: (17.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 19.75 BB
Old 11-30-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Re: AKo- big pot.

Party 1/2 6 max, 9 handed??????

I'd bet the flop.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:56 AM

yeah i know, converter blah blah
Old 11-30-2005, 07:13 AM

I would definitely bet the flop here too, the rest I like fine, hope you were against QJ.

Mack
Old 11-30-2005, 07:22 AM

You've got a gutshot to the nuts on the flop plus overcards and you're getting more than 13 to 1 so I'd lead it. What a great table too.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:55 AM

Six cold-callers. Nice table.

Flop:
Reflexively, I would have led in this situation, but, after thinking about it I think given your (bad) position and this board (4 outs to the nut str8) I think a check is the right play. I need to turn into a "thinking" player instead of "reflex" player.

The Turn:
Check/ raise??
Actually the King here is a mixed bag. Sure you have top pair but now your nut straight draw is cheapened and you are against 6 other players in bad position. Given all of the cold calling by loose players KJ, KT, AQ are all real possiblities. MP3 (since your have no read) could have a lot of hands including AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, JT (even if some like AA and KK are only remotely possible, you are against unknowns). I think you are still behind here. I don't even like your draws. A queen here likely splits the pot, a K loses to AQ, of course, but it turns KJ and KT into monsters, your best chances are with one of three Aces hitting and even that loses to some donk hanging on to something like QT, QJ, Q9. Still the pot is fairly large so I think you have to plan to either check/ call one bet and check /fold to two.

Still you did manage to knock out two players with the check/ raise. I think that is a good thing??

The River.
Bet?
With your unimproved top pair, I am not sure you have a value bet here. Even 89 beats you now. If you won this one I need to borrow some of your luck.

Am I weak-tight or what??
Old 11-30-2005, 07:57 AM

:grunching

Very nice hand, i like all streets [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 08:41 AM

i like it all. i'm not leading that flop. we already have buku outs and odds to call a bet as well as a lower gutshot. this large a field, why pay more than we have to when our bet isn't for value and we're not taking down the pot right here with our UI OCs.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i like it all. i'm not leading that flop. we already have buku outs and odds to call a bet as well as a lower gutshot. this large a field, why pay more than we have to when our bet isn't for value and we're not taking down the pot right here with our UI OCs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way this had was played as well. Theres a ton of opponents so betting out has 0% chance of winning right there. If we hit our gutshot we'll probably be paid well. Plus the TJ on board makes it really likely someone already has top pair, two pair, or a draw they're gonna stick around on.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:25 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]!