Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-30-2005, 04:19 AM

Default MPTK & FD/BDFD VS PFR GOD I LOVE ACRONYMS

Table has been rather aggro in general; over half the hands see a raise preflop. Lot of blind stealing going on.

PFR is a bit of a LA-P, 50/9/0.64 over only 30 hands, who's before raised A8s UTG+2 and immediately slowed down when he missed the flop and was bet into (yet called the river w/ A high). It's entirely possible this is a steal attempt on his part, and regardless I'm not sure if he'd make an automatic continuation bet or not. He's also shortstacked with 7.5BB at the start of the hand.

Button is another LAP, SB is a rock.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero...

Not a bad flop. One I like and one the PFR probably doesn't. What's our line here? I suspect a checkraise will be a popular option; obviously if the PFR bets and the other two call then a value-cr is a no brainer; what if no one or just one person calls? Would I be better off betting out, seeing as he may not bother with a continuation bet if he's just got overcards or a total steal attempt?

There's a bit more to this hand however, because...

------------------------------

...I lied. In the actual hand, the 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is actually 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Does this change your line any? Why? (I posited the first hand because I thought both scenarios were rather interesting, especially given my read.)
Old 12-30-2005, 04:26 AM

Default Re: MPTK & FD/BDFD VS PFR GOD I LOVE ACRONYMS

Well you already mentioned the value checkraise so I can avoid repeating that. I'd say they're both a check/call otherwise because the whole bet-into-the-PFR-to-get-him-to-raise-a-worse-hand-and-protect-my-hand thing is getting played out and you even said he shutdown when he missed.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:45 AM

Default Re: MPTK & FD/BDFD VS PFR GOD I LOVE ACRONYMS

With the three of hearts you check/call and fold UI. Of course?
Old 12-30-2005, 04:55 AM

Default Re: MPTK &amp; FD/BDFD VS PFR GOD I LOVE ACRONYMS

Not necessarily; it's entirely possible we have the best hand--again, three low cards isn't great for the PFR. Additionally if everyone calls the turn I'm getting 9:1 to hit my five-outer, just about right (it's actually 9.2:1 but implied odds make it fine; his short stack won't affect that)
Old 12-30-2005, 05:03 AM

Default Re: MPTK &amp; FD/BDFD VS PFR GOD I LOVE ACRONYMS

I'm betting in both cases.

Question is what to do when bitch SLAP reacts.

If he calls, then I bet any turn card J or lower, maybe a Q, or if it's a club.

If he raises...

w/flush draw obviously can't fold but if button and/or SB call we can easily 3-bet for value.

w/out flush draw I think we have to call and fold a turn UI depending on the action up to that point.