Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: J6s -- play along with me

I was also confused by the first comments about position, relative to the aggressives...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
First to act after the flop with a "stereotypically aggressive" BB and a "maniac LAG" on your left? I think it is that big of a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't this better than having them on your right? The OP has the worst absolute position, but he has great relative position to the aggressors.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I always try to keep the maniacs on my right. Being in position against these guys is a pretty big equalizer against their unpredictability. Sure, you will get checkraised, but playing a maniac is tough either way and I don't think it outweighs the benefits of being last to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, do we call "stereotypical aggressors" and "maniac LAGs" unpredictable?

Second, maybe in general you prefer to have position on them, but for this particular hand it seems to me you want them on the left. You are either going to use them to protect a weak made hand, or use them to trap if you really hit.

I am not saying to call preflop here, but I thought relative position was in the "Pro's" column here, not the "Con's" column. Could anyone please elaborate?

alThor
Old 12-01-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: J6s -- play along with me

[ QUOTE ]
Jennet
Female Donkey

Reged: 03/24/04
Loc: make it stop

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf