Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-22-2005, 08:59 AM

Default How should u play this?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Correct to raise? Or should i raise maybe later at turn?

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.
Because i raised the flop, should I check or bet here?

River: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.
Is it better then to fold here?

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 11-22-2005, 09:09 AM

Default Re: How should u play this?

*grunch*
I'm not experienced in 6max so I don't know about the flop-raise. I don't think you win anything by it, though. You probably won't make him fold and if he has an A you will have him in the hand all the way to the SD.
Because you raised, I think the bet on the turn is correct.
Without a read it is hard to say if villain is calling down a weak Q or some A fearing that you have a better kicker. Therefore he might figure that you don't have an A when another one hits on the river. But he could think the same thing holding some Q. So I would make the crying call too.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:11 AM

I don't play 6 max, but will you ever not be shown an ace here?
Old 11-22-2005, 09:12 AM

When BB folds and it goes heads up, I take the way ahead, way behind line here, (WA/WB). Basicly, if villian has an Ace you don't want to be raising and risked getting reraised - the hand could get very expensive. But if he hasn't got an Ace, a weaker Q for example, then you want him to keep putting money in the pot. So, call the flop, call the turn and call the river. The second Ace falling on the river makes it less likely that villian has one, so I call without a problem here at 6max.
Welcome to the boards.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:14 AM

With no read on the SB, best guess from his pf call and OOP flop bet is that he played a weak A. Check the turn &amp; only check/call the river.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:14 AM

I wouldnt raise on the flop. Call down. Need a read, but give the SB preflop play probably has Qx.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:35 AM

grunch

You've got middle pair with a high kicker on the flop. If your opponent has the ace he's not going anywhere, so a raise is incorrect. Have you determined if you should call? You may be behind here. I see 5 possible outs here -- 2 Q's and 3 Ks. If I can remember correctly the pot needs to lay you 8:1 to call. It's not quite there, but you could stand to pick up some extra bets if you hit, so I would call.

Check your odds on the turn again if you whiff. If he bets, you'd have to fold. If he checks, check behind. Check/fold on the river.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:42 AM

I don't like the combination of raising the flop and betting the turn. You are basically never folding out a better hand, but you do stand a decent chance of running off a worse hand, so this isn't the time to get aggressive.

I agree with adsman that WA/WB is a good line here.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:42 AM

w/o reads, hand is fine though i'm tempted to raise that river and fold to a 3-bet.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:54 AM

Call as he keeps betting into you. Reasons:

1) If we raise now, we may push him off worse hands, including Qx.

2) Raising gives him a chance to 3-bet.

3) We want a cheap showdown, and all the outs we can see vs Ax.

4), and this is the key: There's no scary cards to come. No overcards, no draws, so we're not concerned about pushing draws or anything. Cheap cards are fine by us.