Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Hit and Run (Do I have a play?) Lengthy...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We live in a no fault society. If no one was injured, what do you expect? And they don't come down that hard on 16 year olds. Kids often flee, and then their Dad sends them back to the scene - I've had this happen to me. Cops don't want to get too involved, no one was injured. People will take advantage of the court system - low consequences of being caught lying. All in all, your situation was quite common.

As long as you were not held responsible, what business of yours is it that the kid got off easy? Or that the judge or the cop didn't really care all that much about a non-injury accident?

Most of you guys want to live in a society of no consequences, where the alcohol and pot and gambling and sex and anything else you want flows freely. So, don't complain with the typical outcome of such a society. This was typical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100%. Excellent post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Parents teaching their kids its ok to lie to get out of trouble isnt a product of a society with alcohol, weed, gambling and sex. Thats just the kind of lie your church leader or government official tells you. All of my friends love alchohol weed sex and gambling and we all know right from wrong. all those things can coexist with good morals. What you are talking about is just a product of poor parenting, not a "Degenerate" society.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:19 PM

My play would be to use any means necessary insdie or outside the legal system to teach these assholes a lesson.

Also, why are people never charged with perjury for spouting obvious lies like this in court?
Old 12-01-2005, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We live in a no fault society. If no one was injured, what do you expect? And they don't come down that hard on 16 year olds. Kids often flee, and then their Dad sends them back to the scene - I've had this happen to me. Cops don't want to get too involved, no one was injured. People will take advantage of the court system - low consequences of being caught lying. All in all, your situation was quite common.

As long as you were not held responsible, what business of yours is it that the kid got off easy? Or that the judge or the cop didn't really care all that much about a non-injury accident?

Most of you guys want to live in a society of no consequences, where the alcohol and pot and gambling and sex and anything else you want flows freely. So, don't complain with the typical outcome of such a society. This was typical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100%. Excellent post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Parents teaching their kids its ok to lie to get out of trouble isnt a product of a society with alcohol, weed, gambling and sex. Thats just the kind of lie your church leader or government official tells you. All of my friends love alchohol weed sex and gambling and we all know right from wrong. all those things can coexist with good morals. What you are talking about is just a product of poor parenting, not a "Degenerate" society.

[/ QUOTE ]

You took my meaning wrong. I'm damn happy to live in society where the alcohol, weed, gambling, and sex flows freely, and I'm also happy that many cops could care less what you do as long as nobody gets hurt.

What the girl did wasn't too far out of line with what I'd expect a typical 16 year-old to do after an accident like this. She left and came back, so what?

What the mother did about the court date was certainly a little shady, but anyone stupid enough to fall for it probably deserves to get screwed over. Caveat Emptor.

BTW I'm sure almost all 16 years already know to lie to get out of trouble. I probably figured that one out around age 7 or 8. Long live our degenerate society!!!!