Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Tough Spot

Generally tight-passive bonus whores.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero???</font>

Funny how they wake up on the turn with a card that couldn't have helped me more. This is my first HH post so please have mercy if I messed something up. I'd give my thoughts but I don't want to influence any replies.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Tough Spot

You should always include your thoughts with your post (but not results). It's only by analysing thought processes that weaknesses in play can be found.

I'd say here you're probably up against someone who just made 2 pair with their ace, or a slowplayed 2 pair / set / straight. Without reads and no strong redraws I'm pretty sure you can fold this.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:52 PM

Yeah it smells like two pair or a slowplayed set or straight. I think you can fold this.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:20 AM

Ok well I had put them both on straight/flush draws or a pair. Why would they slowplay on such a draw heavy board? That is what made the decision hard for me, is slow-playing a viable strategy on the flop with a board like that (for the villains)?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:52 AM

i say A8 or A9 got 2 pair or someone flopped a straight and slowplayed it (yes even with the flush draw). I would fold here.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:57 AM

Grunch.

This looks like a donk bet by SB, reraise to protect your hand from SB and for value against MP2. Call down a cap unless another straight card falls and there's allota akshon.

Now that I read the other posts I think that a slowplayed straight is possible and two pair likely against passive opponents. hmm. big pot though. I think I'd call right now and fold to further strength from either player. Is this bad?
Old 08-02-2005, 01:05 AM

Grunch.
MP2 could be slow playing trips or a straight or betting a flush draw, but since you are last to act I think you have an advantage. Raise the turn. If you are reraised you can release your hand. If they call down I think they're showing weakness and I'd raise or bet on a non-heart river for value.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:16 AM

Even without seeing the turn action I think with this kind of connected flop you should check the flop and be prepared to bail on the turn. With 3 other players a flop bet isn't going to fold everyone so why waste it?

I've gotten into a habit of betting flops like this myself and it's costing me money. Lately I've been trying to pay more attention to the texture of the flop and not burn money unnecessarily. I have a ways to go.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Generally tight-passive bonus whores.

[/ QUOTE ]

F-O-L-D
Old 08-02-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch.
MP2 could be slow playing trips or a straight or betting a flush draw, but since you are last to act I think you have an advantage. Raise the turn. If you are reraised you can release your hand. If they call down I think they're showing weakness and I'd raise or bet on a non-heart river for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

This smells like spew to me. I take that back. This definately IS spew. Hero has Ace high here. What is he betting/raising with?

Edit: Disregard the Ace high comment. I forgot about the ace on the turn. Still spewing though.