Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Two hands (Stars 45k)

(blind)

hand 1: ugh, i'd fold. if he had more chips then i'd say push/fold/call would all be ok.

hand 2: i'd call. you have plenty of odds against a set, and even if someone has a bigger flush draw you have 6 outs. of course, if the Ad were on the board this would be much more appealing.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(blind)

hand 1: ugh, i'd fold. if he had more chips then i'd say push/fold/call would all be ok.

hand 2: i'd call. you have plenty of odds against a set, and even if someone has a bigger flush draw you have 6 outs . of course, if the Ad were on the board this would be much more appealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has 8; straight flush
Old 12-15-2005, 01:24 PM

hand 1, any reason to bet so much on the flop? he check-raises you even bigger, the bigger you bet, giving you in turn less FE if you decide to push

why not bet something like 6k? say he raises to 12k, gives you more FE if you push cause hes got more behind

though with only 29k to start, even then hes got only like 13k behind a check-raise to 12k, so i dont like this either. just let it go.

i think this is a good spot to check behind, but trying to take the pot right now isnt bad, but really no need to bet 8k. it's not like you'd bet 8k with AA, would you, on such a dry board?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:53 PM

Because of the action. The only person who COULD have the nut flush draw is the button. He conceivably could push there trying to win the pot with top pair and a flush draw, but I just can't see MP1 making that play. After the heros raise and the buttons all in. I put MP1 on a set, if not top set.

BTU, I think that if the button had the nut flush draw he would smooth call your raise in order to get an over call by MP1. Makes the pot bigger and justifies his drawing to the flush. But instead, he pushes trying to knock out draws and isolate the hero. Smells like a set to me. When MP1 rerereraised all in, it definitely feels like another set. Why would he want to have it heads up with the button when the button is all in? Unless he had a huge hand? AA.

AKd is possible, and I would not be totally suprised if anyone of them had it, but I give it 80/20 that you are against two sets.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:10 PM

I see your reasoning, but everyone does not always play as you would, so to discount it totally is wrong.

You mention AK [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], since this is a limped pot, I'd expect to see A2-AT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] more than AK.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-15-2005, 02:20 PM

I didn't think a nut flush draw was impossible here, but it is less likely, since four of the nine diamonds between T and 2 are either in your hand or on the board already.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Nice little steal from late position with a suited connector but I'm stopping at the re-raise. It looks like he's picked up a pair and internet players are not going to lay this down. You are looking to nail the gut shot but I think there is too much risk of losing your stack by calling a good amount on the turn to make it worthwhile.

Hand 2: Wow this is tough. I know the open ended straight flush draw looks pretty but you could be down to 2 outs if they have flush draws. And you have to turn/river the straight card that could be a diamond. I find a better spot and feel highly discouraged doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? he has at least 8 outs to the nuts no matter what pretty much. Thinking about this more makes me lean towards a call actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

With one guy having a straight and one guy the nut flush draw?
Old 12-15-2005, 03:01 PM

Putting someone on a straight draw here is a reallllllll stretch. I doubt u see a straight draw more than ~2% of the time.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:04 PM

Hand 1: The flop bet was too big, i like betting bigger on flops (i think i do, atleast), but here i went a bit overboard, oncee i did that though, i think it's a call (well a push). as woodguy said this is a flop that small-mid pairs decide to put me on AK, i really thought it looked like a pair, and bowski was doing some math about this hand last night and he came up with he has to have less than a pair of 9's 21% or more for it to be profitable. I think that happens. So yea, i pushed, villain showed 44. i hit one of my outs, and look pretty silly calling an allin with 8 high.

Hand 2: I was freaking out this hand, there was so much to consider and the pot was so distractingly big. After like 30 seconds i decided that it was probably bad, but i was going to call. Since then, i think i'm starting to think it was good. 8 outs no matter what (well unless one of them has the same straight draw and the other a pair + flush draw. that's a bad situation, but one that i dont think happens often). Anyways, button had a set of 4's, MP1 had AdKd. And the 4's caught quads.and again, i look silly calling two allins with 6 high.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:22 PM

oh crap I totally misread BBs stacksize on hand one, I hate the flop bet even more now