Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 10:51 AM

Default F\'woods O8 Trip, long, LC

So Slow_Play_Ray set up a 2+2 meet at Foxwoods for their Wednesday morning $100 NLHE tourney. I headed up hoping to meet him, 27offsuit, Seasiren, hyde, and a few others that were expected.
Unfortunately, I seriously misjudged the travelling time and showed up just before 8:00 am and the tourney was sold out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. So up goes my name on the list for 2/4 and 5/10 LO8 (The only O8 games on the board at that time). The 5/10 game never went off, even with 30+ names on the list [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

Get called to 2/4 at 9am and proceed to get the most unreal run of horrid cards for a FOUR HOUR spam!!! It was so ludicrous that the player on my left (super LAG) actually paid my way through 2 hands blind! Neither of us looked at my hand, and he just covered all my bets. Then we slow rolled the 277Qr for absolutely nothing... "See, my cards suck". He was from the 'how can you discard before you've seen the flop' school, where he studied 'When you raise with crap and hit your hand, it'll be a monster pot'.

God, I wish I got some cards [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. This table was so pathetically bad. Callers with 2pr on a straight and flush board, routine low only bets and raises, multiple 'how do you play this game' people! I was tearing my hair out when consistently looking down at 47TK, 289K, A788, and the like...

So my 30BB buy in dwindles down to roughly 8, I rebuy another 10BB.

Then it starts. Three consecutive hands:

A237s, scoop wheel. +19BB
A23J, low. +12BB
27JQ, "Playing the rush", I call, flop is JQQ +16BB (beat out JJ, poor guy.)

The hands keep coming, and the donks keep losing.
Stack goes from that 18BB to 80BB in under 3 hours, what a wonderful table!

Most memorable hand was my last.
I raise blind UTG and get 6 callers (geez, no respect...).
Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet, still blind. "Donating on my way out".
3 callers, Button raises, SB folds, I reraise, called around to Button and he caps, all call.
Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet, still blind.
3 callers, Button raises,
"Aw, you're gonna make me look?"
I peel back the cards to see 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Called around
River

8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (if only it was a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], :sigh

I check hoping one of the morons bets their 34 or 25 low, as is amusingly common, and expecting at the very least for Mr Button to bring one more BB into the mix. Unfortunately, it's checked around and Button's AA takes the upper half of that pot. Another 13BB to me, chuckles all around, tip to the dealer, and I'm done at about +52BB. Pretty cool for 7 hours...

I don't care what you say, low limit live O8 is just plain fun! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]