Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-15-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: 7SFAP is too advanced for me.

[ QUOTE ]
Thats a good point. But I don't know that a structured weekly forum is the way to go necessarily. I think as people read the book on their own and find a point that they have trouble with they should start a thread and get the responses they need. You would get a less extensive interpretation of the book as a whole but could focus on the troubling parts.

The other way works to but I don't know that many people would stick with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason to have it structured by section/chapter is to force lazy asses like me to read the book. If you tell me "read the whole book and talk about the stuff you don't understand", I'm not going to do it. But if you tell me "read 10 pages and we'll discuss it", that's no problem. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, breaking it down makes it more likely that some of the fine points are learned, which can be missed easily if you are trying to read the whole thing.

Just my 2 cents!
Old 12-15-2005, 08:55 PM

Get some discipline man! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll agree with ya, thats a good point .
Old 12-15-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The reason to have it structured by section/chapter is to force lazy asses like me to read the book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you have a toilet? Take the book and put it on top of the toilet. It's common knowledge that all great thoughts and serious concentration take place there.... has something to do with being the time one's ass isn't that lazy.

Pun too graphic?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:06 AM

getting book in days will participate in study group
Old 12-16-2005, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The reason to have it structured by section/chapter is to force lazy asses like me to read the book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you have a toilet? Take the book and put it on top of the toilet. It's common knowledge that all great thoughts and serious concentration take place there.... has something to do with being the time one's ass isn't that lazy.

Pun too graphic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky for me, I eat plenty of fiber, so I don't spend that much time on the toilet. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Lucky for me, I eat plenty of fiber, so I don't spend that much time on the toilet. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eat less fiber and you shall become a great stud player [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Take the book and put it on top of the toilet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I did with it. ALL my poker books start out on the shelf in the bathroom, so I can read them in a more, um, leisurely fashion.

Usually, after a couple of weeks, they end up on the shelf above my monitor, for quick reference.

Since this thread has changed topics somewhat, mabye an **official** thread should be started soon.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since this thread has changed topics somewhat, mabye an **official** thread should be started soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done.

Link= http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post4210927
Old 12-16-2005, 11:09 PM

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This statement caused WAY too much sharing....lol.

I'm in on the study group thing. My last foray into the little tome was for naught. Heck, my attention span is so short I can hide my own Easter eggs.

JJ