Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-07-2005, 12:34 AM

Default 5/10 VPIP major hole

after 3k hands, my VPIP is 12.04
Im too tight!!!!

I have a few questions
1) A few weak players call in early and mid position. I am in cutoff with KTs. Do I raise? (ive been just calling)

Same question and now I have KQo (i usually call)

2) I have KJo on the button and there is one limper (I usually call)

3) I have A2s and there are 4 limpers (I usually call)

4) I have 44 on the button and it is folded to me (I usually fold)

5) I have QTs UTG (I usually call)

Can anyone else think of a mistake you guys see alot that weak-tight players are doing? Thanks in advance
Old 12-07-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Re: 5/10 VPIP major hole

You're talking about vpip, but in all your examples you're calling except one.

It's really not possible to say which hands you can play profitably that you're not playing now just by reading your OP. However, the last time I spoke with someone with a very low vpip, they didn't seem to really understand the impact of position and their vpip was high in EP than it was OTB. If I were you, I'd just spend some time focusing on your PF play. During a session write down some hands that you folded but wasn't sure, and post those. Also, just spend some more time reading posts and questioning PF play.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1) A few weak players call in early and mid position. I am in cutoff with KTs. Do I raise? (ive been just calling)

[/ QUOTE ]

well if they are weak, and you have a read on the blinds. I'd do it once in a while. but i personally have this hate on for KT, suited or not. so i'll go with a 50/50, if you feel good about it and you are running good, definite raise.

[ QUOTE ]

Same question and now I have KQo (i usually call)

[/ QUOTE ]

this one goes upstairs. like 99% of the time. if any of them had a better hand, the would have raised already.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the bachelor hand. easy raise. every single time. against a single limper, one raise, the blinds clear, limper calls. flop comes XXX, limper checks, you bet, limper folds.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
it seems i never have these situations with 4 limpers and me in position with A2s. call and hope to see the right suit on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
read on the blinds would help. if you have a read on them as weak tight or people who fold to steals. take it upstairs. this is a definite raise/fold situation. if you feel good about your postflop play, a raise is definite +ev

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
table dependent. if its a VPIP 25+ i am calling. if its a tight table, i am folding. if my hate for KT is bad, I hate QT even more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see a lot of weak tight players not value betting lots. but i think i fall into that zone about 70% of the time also.

it would seem that you dont attempt to steal the blinds often enough, if ever. and that your raising standards whether it be open raising or raising with limpers is extremely tight. you'd be surprised how one raise preflop can dictate the rest of the hand. people play differently if there is a raise preflop, some become tigher, and others just get worse. throw a few raises, watch how people respond to boards, make notes of any weaknesses, and exploit next orbit round.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:49 AM

3k hands isn't really enough to get an overall feel for your game, but i guess it's a good start. you might have been on a bad run of cards or been facing a lot of loose players that you didn't want to cold call a lot of hands with.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:17 PM

This really depends on the table and the blind play but...

1) A few weak players call in early and mid position. I am in cutoff with KTs. (ive been just calling)
Fold

Raise

Fold

Raise
Auto Fold
Old 12-07-2005, 02:34 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]

1) A few weak players call in early and mid position. I am in cutoff with KTs. (ive been just calling)
Fold

Raise

Fold

Raise
Auto Fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Me likey me hand. Me raise. Me no likey. Me fold. Seriously, calling is allowed in poker. It's that button right between folding and raising.

All of these situations depends on more specific situations and some of them are closer than others. Anyway, i haven't played full ring in a while, but here are my responses:

1. Raise or call. But I usually raise in CO, on button, i'm more apt to call and it depends on blinds, limpers, etc.
2. Raise.
3. Call.
4. Call/ fold/ raise. Depends on blinds, flow of game, how aggressive i've been.
5. Limp or fold, depending on table.

So only 2 and 3 are pretty much always the same.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:17 PM

Fold

Huh?!? These are ideal conditions to limp in with this hand. This is a costly fold.

Auto Fold

No this is not an Auto Fold. Why would you not limp in with this hand at a loose passive table?

Even #1 (KTs) is situational and often worthy of a limp (or raise).
Old 12-07-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fold

Huh?!? These are ideal conditions to limp in with this hand. This is a costly fold.

Auto Fold

No this is not an Auto Fold. Why would you not limp in with this hand at a loose passive table?

Even #1 (KTs) is situational and often worthy of a limp (or raise).

[/ QUOTE ]

The a2 suited maybe, but I don't think it is at all a costly fold. Why would you raise in the cutoff with the k10? Obviously not for value, also not to isolate because most of the original callers are going to call your raise anyway. These posts are pretty much worthless without a description of the types of players at the table. Q10 is not a hand i like playing UTG under any conditions.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fold

Raise

Fold

Raise
Auto Fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont mean to be harsh, but if you are folding in examples 1 and 3, you shouldnt be giving advice. Raising KTs in the CO after 2 weak limpers is as automatic for me as rasing AA UTG. But I'm sure some limp here. Whatever, as long as you dont fold. And as someone else mentioned already, when are you limping A2s if not this scenario. It is the perfect spot. Also, I usually limp QTs UTG, but I dont think youre losing much by folding.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:17 PM

If you were to limp with a2 suited then yes it would be the perfect time. I don't think you are losing anything by folding Q10 utg in a full ring game.