Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 05:17 PM

Default BEWARE OF FIREPAY

BEWARE OF FIREPAY----

I used to use Firepay regularly---until they froze my account with $2,300 in it. They claimed there was a chargeback of $500 in my account (from a credit card), which I never did. After numerous phone calls in the first couple of weeks, I found out that Firepay had been recording the 'gambling' transactions as 'foreign currency exchange'.

So while the companies disputed the transactions, Firepay found a neat solution for them---keep my money.

They did unfreeze the $1,800 that clearly was not in dispute from them, and I cashed it out.

They said they would return the $500 if I could prove I didn't do a chargeback. They told me to send then statements fom 3 months back. I did so.

Then they said send statements from 6 months back. I did so.

When I called after that, the person I was dealing with was 'no longer with the company', and I had to start all over.

I offered a three way conference call with my credit card company to verify I had never done a charge back. They refused.

After almost a year, over 75 phone calls, and 5 people who 'no longer worked for the company' (meaning for the 6th time I was starting over) I gave up. The final result---they simply kept $500 of my money to cover their own scam.

I of course, will never use them again, and I suggest anyone who does so do at their own risk, and never keep much money in the account.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: BEWARE OF FIREPAY

thanks for the heads up
Old 11-10-2005, 05:52 PM

I have a bad experience with them as well. Neteller is the way to go.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:09 AM

I'd threaten them with legal action, say you will charge any legal costs to them, and say that you are going to bad mouth them in every forum you can think of.

If what you said was true, then they would payout in a flash.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:17 AM

I had a bad experience with Neteller where a software bug of theirs took an extra $100 out of my bank account. After calling them daily for a month and screaming at them, they finally credited my account.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:17 AM

They are in canada, I'm in the U.S.---don't think they would take my threat over legal action very serious.

I have thought about sending them an e mail telling them exactly what you suggested, that I am disclosing their thievery in every way possible.

Just sux---was very, very, very frustrating to deal with. You just don't have any recourse if they decide to screw you.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They are in canada, I'm in the U.S.---don't think they would take my threat over legal action very serious.

I have thought about sending them an e mail telling them exactly what you suggested, that I am disclosing their thievery in every way possible.

Just sux---was very, very, very frustrating to deal with. You just don't have any recourse if they decide to screw you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Send them a link to this thread.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just sent them an e mail.

I will see what they say (if they get back to me).

If nothing else this has some entertainment value now.

Don't know how to send a link to the thread (basically if my computer has something go wrong with it I just start to cry).
Old 11-12-2005, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just sent them an e mail.

I will see what they say (if they get back to me).

If nothing else this has some entertainment value now.

Don't know how to send a link to the thread (basically if my computer has something go wrong with it I just start to cry).

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
good post

blake
Old 11-12-2005, 08:15 AM

I was just about to set up a firepay account. Now I won't.