Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 01:31 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Day 7 OIC thread

Doesn't look like anyone else has started one, so I'll do the honors. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

After making it to the 1/2 level last night, I went off to bed. Woke up still feeling icky, so I called in sick. After getting up for good this morning, I trotted over to the 1/2 tables, and found a nice juicy one, lots of loose-passive play. I've just crossed the $200 threshhold, and am taking a break for lunch.

When I fired up the GC software yesterday, it had been my first time playing there in several months. I took a look at my stats window, shuddered a bit, then reset it. I'm folding a lot more hands these days! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Finally, congrats to Peter Harris, who made it to my 1/2 table a few hands before I earned the promotion to 2/4. And good luck to everyone else in the OIC!

-Mike
Old 11-16-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Day 7 OIC thread

The OIC was a lot more interesting when I was still playing 5./1 all the time. I've played a total of about 3 hours for this OIC and I haven't played in it since Thursday I think.

I think I'm at $59 right now. Maybe I'll devote some energy to it to see if I can get the prize for largest one day jump.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:44 PM

I was away for four days, and returned to my meager $45 bankroll last evening.

I quicly made it to the $100 threshold at a pretty easy $0.50/$1 table. Things went pretty well later in the evening, and I ended at $151. Tonite I'll be resuming at the $1/$2 tables....

Look for "Az-Cat", and say "hi" if you're so moved....
Old 11-16-2004, 03:57 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

Update: Made it to 3/6. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Only SH/6-max tables have anyone on them. Oh, well; I seem to be doing ok so far. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Mike
Old 11-16-2004, 05:27 PM

Urk. That SH table knocked me back below $300, so I decided to drop back to 2/4. Now I'm just under $200. Sigh....

Does anyone know; if I take a break now, and come back later, do I need to go back to 1/2, or can I return to a 2/4 table? I may decide to do the former anyway, to be conservative, but I'd like to know whether I have an option.

-Mike
Old 11-16-2004, 05:31 PM

You don't have to drop down to 1/2 until you hit $100, so you're fine going back to 2/4.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:24 AM

Default What a Drag

Sat on waiting list for a $1/$2 game earlier this evening for over an hour before I just gave up. (Had a productive session @ Poker Stars during that time...)

Just now went back online, and the few tables open have giant WL's, and an empty table sits idle - they're really missing some business here, and my OIC is stalled by a clunky site....
Old 11-17-2004, 12:55 AM

Default Re: What a Drag

[ QUOTE ]
Sat on waiting list for a $1/$2 game earlier this evening for over an hour before I just gave up. (Had a productive session @ Poker Stars during that time...)

Just now went back online, and the few tables open have giant WL's, and an empty table sits idle - they're really missing some business here, and my OIC is stalled by a clunky site....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know; I dropped back to 1/2 after I managed to squander another $100 or so. :P What I don't get is why the people on the waiting list don't simply migrate over to the empty table? Are they not watching?

-Mike
Old 11-17-2004, 01:11 AM

Ugh. I booked $27.50 at 2/4 six max in 2 hours work. The horrible suckouts are counterbalanced by the horrible calldowns and other fishy play. My table alternated between loose passive and tight passive weak, with the occasional maniac coming in to quickly lose ten or so BBs.

It is strange about the waitlists and the empty tables. I think a lot of people are scared to play headsup and just wait for a seat at a table thats already going.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:26 AM

Default Re: What a Drag

I finally got on a table, and made it to $200, but it took quite q while. The play was pretty tight, and I lost one sizeable pot to a guy who slow-played aces; at least there were few true suckouts....

While waiting, I joined an empty 10-seat table with ten nmaes on the WL, but no one else joined. Pretty frustrating. The Paradise and Party software would have automatically sent people to the the table....