Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2004, 11:33 AM

Default Play Review

This is my first post here. I am pretty sure I made the right move, just curious what others would do.

Last night I am playing a 30NL in PP, and right after the first break. 50/100 blinds, I find myself on the BB with
K K. I have about 2.2k in chips about 700 over the average.

UTG folds, UTG+ 1 folds, UTG + 2 folds and UTG+3 pushes all in with 800 chips, everyone up to SB folds. SB calls. SB has about 90 chips less than me.

I had just been moved to this table so I don't have a good read on any of the players. I really wanted to go heads up with the person who pushed all in. So in turn I pushed all in.

SB calls.

We flip the cards and SB shows Qh 4h
UTG+ 3 shows A 4 offsuit

I couldn't believe Q 4 called my all in. He ended up catching a flush on the river. I would have also lost to UTG+ 3 since she hit an A.

Now what would you guys have done at this point of the tourney???

Mike.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Play Review

I would have lost at that point of the tourney.

Very strange play on SB part. If SB really wanted to play the all-in heads-up, SB should have raised (not that you would have folded). Suck outs happen. You were originally thrilled when you saw Q4 flip over and you should be. Would you not have gone all-in if you knew the SB had Q4 in advance?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Play Review

I would have pushed either way... i was glad he had called me since the flop showed an A.

I thought to myself... Great, at least I didn't lose any chips. But the river shows a heart and killed me. Tough luck!

Try again tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply.