Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Dejected

I am getting so tired of reading and studying to better myself as a poker player only to play well for a lengthy period of time (in a partiluar session), playing very sharp, builing up a large stack over the period of the evening, consistently making measured decisions based on reads and analysis, etc.. only to completley make a bone head play, the type which i used to make on a consistent basis, for no logical reason which would explain what the hell I was thinking.

It makes me think I'm doomed to be a donk, no matter what I read or how much I study the game. I don't know what's worse, not knowing how to play the game on a thinking level or just being blissfully unaware.

I know I am just over-reacting to a couple of recent single sessions and need to be more bullet proof, but for some reason that isn't cutting it for me this morning.

Sorry for the low content, just needed to vent.. Here's hoping that helps. Maybe I just need to step back for a whil.. I don't know.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Dejected

Play shorter sessions.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:49 PM

I don't know how people can play poker full time. It is just too easy to lose focus.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:06 PM

I know what you mean...you'll get through it once you begin to learn how to learn from your mistakes.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Dejected (Revised)

Poker is wierd sometimes, Yesterday, I was so frustrated from the weekend that I didn't even want to think about poker (and that is saying something). Well last night, all I do is play the best poker I can remember playing and dominated a tournament from start to finish for my 1st MTT win.

I thought playing guitar left you w/ calluses. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]