Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 04:36 AM

Default 100-200 hand 4k pot

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to chickenlittl [Ad As]
The Grinder: raises $100 to $200
neverwin: folds
Mr.Lucky777: raises $100 to $300
milus: folds
chickenlittl: raises $100 to $400
Betting is capped
The Grinder: calls $200
Mr.Lucky777: calls $100
*** FLOP *** [Th 2d Qc]
chickenlittl: bets $100
The Grinder: raises $100 to $200
Mr.Lucky777: calls $200
chickenlittl: raises $100 to $300
The Grinder: calls $100
Mr.Lucky777: calls $100
*** TURN *** [Th 2d Qc] [8h]
chickenlittl: bets $200
Mr.Lucky777: raises $200 to $400
chickenlittl: calls $200
*** RIVER *** [Th 2d Qc 8h] [Ah]
chickenlittl: bets $200
The Grinder: folds
Mr.Lucky777: raises $200 to $400
chickenlittl: calls $200
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Mr.Lucky777: shows [2h 2s] (three of a kind, Deuces)
chickenlittl: shows [Ad As] (three of a kind, Aces)
chickenlittl collected $4148 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $4150 | Rake $2
Board [Th 2d Qc 8h Ah]
Seat 3: neverwin folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Mr.Lucky777 (button) showed [2h 2s] and lost with three of a
kind, Deuces
Seat 7: milus (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: chickenlittl (big blind) showed [Ad As] and won ($4148) with
three of a kind, Aces
Seat 10: The Grinder folded on the River

You guys play it the same way, comments welcome?

Hope u Get as lucky as I did in this hand!

Shawn "Lightning" Keller
Old 02-09-2005, 04:43 AM

Default Re: 100-200 hand 4k pot

I'm not qualified to answer, but I'd keep raising on the river. The most probably hand to lose to is J9 but would that hand have 3-bet preflop? KJ and the flush don't seem consistent with the turn raise..
Old 02-09-2005, 04:54 AM

The only real decisions come on the river. QQ or TT would seem to be his most likely holdings. He might also have played K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this way. But I definitely want to get more bets in. I suppose he also could have J9 in which case I'm happy to pay him off.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:54 AM

why do you keep stealing the raiser's thunder? You lead out on every street. Why? You have to assume that your aces are good on the flop - but I can see waiting until the turn (with the bigger bets) to exploit this fact. So, call the flop raise, chk/rz the turn. Call when he reraises. On the river - why do you stop betting? What hearts could he have possibly 3bet PF? You can't be worried about J9. I would have him on AQ or, more likely, KK before his actions on the river. What hand did you put him on?

CSC
Old 02-09-2005, 05:12 AM

shawn,

i meant what i said that i wanted you to post more hands at high limits because they present good opportunities to think about hands....and from somebody who beats the 400 game its a great thing...

but a few things:

1) shawn, please omit the names of those you play with by using bison bison's hand converter (http://selachain.com/tools/bisonconv...hconverter.cgi). this protects the innocent and makes people lesss likely to have different opinions of the play in the hand in question if they know the participants.

2) please be kind enough to list info about the nature of the players and how they play, how they see you, how they have played in RECENT past hands etc.

3) if there is a main street you would like to concentrate on given that info, please post that too.

thanks shawn, and keep posting.

on this hand, i think you were planning to call down given the action and the turn raise...but if you've been doing your 64o type hands, mayabe one more raise on the turn? and then call a cap and call the river.

clearly, getting capped on the turn isn't as good given the previous action so i can see the call...but on the river did you really put him on the nuts given the action?? i mean would he play two hearts like that?? i think im capping this river...why didn't you?

-Barron
Old 02-09-2005, 05:22 AM

By the turn raise, I'd put him on the following as most likely hands: QQ, TT, QT, 22, JhKh, J9. I'd be discounting the J9 somewhat due to his 3-bet preflop. Obviously there are a few other reasonable hands he might have here.

Given that range of hands (and a handful of other possibilities) with a reasonable weighting, you have an easy 3-bet on the river.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:51 AM

This seems to be an easy three bet given your opponents turn raise. It could have been an AQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] turn raise, true, but there are more sets than AQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Old 02-09-2005, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems to be an easy three bet given your opponents turn raise. It could have been an AQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] turn raise, true, but there are more sets than AQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

The A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is on the board.

But, yes ... I'd think that like 95% of the microlimit posters would have known instinctively to get more bets in on the river. I do very much like the fact that Shawn is posting here, but the river play leaves me wanting for an explanation.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But, yes ... I'd think that like 95% of the microlimit posters would have known instinctively to get more bets in on the river. I do very much like the fact that Shawn is posting here, but the river play leaves me wanting for an explanation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you missed the poker theory poll where half of the people said they would rather see a multiway flop of 933 than 993 when holding 77.

-Michael
Old 02-09-2005, 07:46 AM

Lets make that K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and pretend that didn't happen : 0