Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 07:21 PM

Default AQo online 15-30 against unknown

cutoff i dont know at all, mp3 is a complete fish.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
Old 08-24-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: AQo online 15-30 against unknown

Why did you bet the flop?
Old 08-24-2005, 07:32 PM

Generall showing down AQ high in this situation is not a good idea. Betting the flop in this situation, especially if you intend to showdown and especially on this board where he will raise you with any PP is NEVER a good idea IMO.

Gabe
Old 08-24-2005, 07:36 PM

he is showing down A high, not AQ high (which would be horrible).
Old 08-24-2005, 07:36 PM

Flop bet is pretty bad.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:42 PM

looks fine to me. I would probably check call the whole way, but don't think there is anything wrong with the flop bet, only problem is you are going to get no info, because this guy is gonna raise any two here. might as well save your bet out for spots where you want to three bet flop not check call because he is poping you regardless.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:43 PM

I like it. With calling station MP3 in there, you are getting great odds for the cases where CO doesn't have a pair (AK, maybe AQ, AJs, or KQ). If he does have AA-77, oh well. (I doubt if his range for capping goes quite that low, but if he knows the same thing you do about MP3, then maybe).

If MP3 were a more normal, but passive, opponent, I'd probably CR the flop to try to knock out other cards that might pair against me.

When the board double-paired on the turn, you counterfeited a lot of CO's possible hands, and you are good for half the pot a large chunk of the time.

--dan

ps. All i know about MP3 is you say "fishy" and his passiveness in this hand. If he is bad in another way that is not represented here, that might change things.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it. With calling station MP3 in there, you are getting great odds for the cases where CO doesn't have a pair (AK, maybe AQ, AJs, or KQ).

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ is almost NEVER ahead of a reasonable preflop capper.
[ QUOTE ]

When the board double-paired on the turn, you counterfeited a lot of CO's possible hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Like what? the board is 6's and 3's AK is the only thing we are tied with. Betting this flop makes no sense at all. The board pairing is almost annoying becasue now we have to call down with what is a likely loser and tie at best. There is also a tiny bit in value in seeing what unknow capped with. The donks cap with lots of crap, I guess we find out if this guy qualifies here.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:51 PM

Analysis please?

At what point did we become sure that c/o has a pocket pair? If I know that button will follow through with a bluff on any ragged flop, then I am leading out hoping to 3-bet to maybe drive mp out. It seems to me the combo of 3-betting pre-flop intending to check/??? on all the flops that miss us isn't right. I'd really like to know what you plan to do after you check. I am currently re-thinking my whole plan regarding big cards, missed flops and few players so I'd really like to hear more from you.

Ackk, I missed that cut/off capped pre-flop. In that case, I proly do check fold either the flop or turn.

Old 08-24-2005, 08:01 PM

Assume CO is an average 30 player. In my experience his cap means we are behind on this flop 95%+ of the time. In many cases we are completey dominated. I just do not see this getting capped with worse than AQs by a reasonable player almost ever.

I would check call the flop and often check fold the turn. In this case the board pairs so we are chop with AK it is ok to call down, but if that did not happen I am usually check folding this turn unimproved.

As far a playing and trying to fold out a better hand, it just isnt happening here.