Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 12:30 PM

Default More hot 52o action in the party 30

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $30. Hero posts a blind of $30.
UTG calls, MP (poster) checks, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

What do you think?
Old 07-09-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: More hot 52o action in the party 30

You need stats badly for this hand. UTG's hand can't be defined at all without knowing whether he is a 16/9 or 40/2. UTG limps are curiouswith double posters. I would say low PP, suited connectors/broadway.

Preflop, Flop and Turn are fine.

UTG is curious here, as he limped utg, then called 2 cold, and did not cap giving the action. I put him on a non nut flush draw that is worried his draw isnt good, a set trying to CR the turn with the SB trapped between, or 55-66. Stats would be very helpful though. Had playerview not yet loaded on the new table?

River- I guess your thinking here is that the SB might fold a better hand with UTG still to act. Honestly, I don't think you hand is better than UTG's often enough to make this profitable even if you can fold SB out. Given the utg limp, followed by the flop calling of 2 cold, I'm not sure what you beat. Depening on stats, 55 may even be calling here closing action. I prefer checking it through/ folding to a bet.

I think you lost to the jack high flush

also- when did you start playing short handed- having trouble getting full tables? and were you posting if MP hadn't posted?
Old 07-09-2005, 03:17 PM

Any info on your opponents?

The flop 3-bet is OK as a variation.

On the river, neither of your opponents has a flush, but you're clearly not betting for value either. Your bet probably has a chance of succeeding if both of your opponents' WTSD percentages are sufficiently small.

But given that UTG called, my guess is that you lost this hand.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:05 PM

I like the bet on the river. Checking the turn and betting the flush card could scare your opponents into thinking you made your flush on end. I think betting here is the only way to win the hand. The fact you were called is unfortunate.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:17 PM

Why did you check the turn?
Old 07-09-2005, 07:10 PM

I'm probably behind, I have lots of outs, I don't think better hands are folding, why would I bet the turn?
Old 07-10-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably behind, I have lots of outs, I don't think better hands are folding, why would I bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I misread the hand when I posted this. I thought you had a made straight.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Results

Caller shows AQ high, MHIG.
wtf, I thought I was bluffing.