Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Change in Games Grid VFP Program

no, it has changed. It used to be 3 small bets, now it is 1.5 small bets. (small bet = big blind not big bet).
Old 05-02-2005, 01:04 AM

Does anyone know what time they give you your VFP bonus? Logged in and it has my hours reset to zero but no money was given for the bonus.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:10 AM

they should have waited at least another month or two to do this.But no way could they take a huge onslaught of players.At a $3-6 table they were paying out $12 an hour VFP and FPP combined to 9 players per table or $108 an hour and only collecting ~$50 in rake per table so for each table hr they were losing ~$58 maybe less if my rake numbers are wrong.Even now with VFP cut in half to $4.50 per hour GG is paying $3-6 players ~$7.50 per table-hour.They are still losing money most probably but only $20 per table not $50.They were out of line with there initial promotions..but perhaps they knew it and just wanted to get a buzz going.I would guess they will cut back other aspects of the program in the near future.Maybe they can take montly losses to promote the site of $5K-$10K but more than that they couldnt justify.This is longtime backgammon site..these guys arent idiots..
Old 05-02-2005, 01:18 AM

I guess I'm done at that site then. At least until they get some games with average pots larger then 3bb. The bonus was great, but I'm suprised they lowered it this soon. I wonder what will happen to the traffic there. I was getting about 20hrs per week. The games are so incredibly tight, and the signup bonus clears so very slow, that even with the 1.5 sb per hour I just don't think it's worth it. It would be a great deal on a site with average games though. It would be worth playing 6/12 though, if the bonus cleared much faster at that limit plus the $9 an hour from the fpp.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: 6/12 at GG

The current avg pot size for the 6/12 game is under $24. One 6/12 game running. I hope these guys eventually do some advertising.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:25 AM

Early tonite they had 6 $3-6 games going and 5 $2-4's a couple of $1-2 and 4-5 NLHE games.Place dies at nite .
Old 05-02-2005, 01:26 AM

I think you hit it on the head. They need to aggressively market this thing. Right now it's just the same group of players for the most part playing right now. At least from the 2/4 games I've played in.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:33 AM

Yeah I know they have a decent number of games. They've had 4-6 3/6 games most nights lately. I just wonder how many they will have in 2 weeks after people like myself that were playing despite the ultra tightness stop playing. The very fact that I would not play there despite what should still be a good bonus system shows how tight the games are. I would prefer to play in decent games at other sites with a rakeback or bonus instead of hoping my 3/6 game at gg will have an avg pot size of more than $15. The last night that I checked 4 of the 6 games were below $15.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:38 AM

Meh. At least it's still capped at $12 an hour, so those who like higher-limit tables (when they have 'em going) can still get the most out of the program. Unfortunately I'm still a $2/$4 and occasional $3/$6 grinder, so I'm SOL.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:53 AM

Just got the email:

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for helping make GamesGrid Poker one of the most successful new poker sites ever! Your play, interest, and feedback have helped us launch an active, friendly service that strives to give our customers the poker experience they want. We're hoping GamesGrid will become your permanent poker home.

We are making some changes to the VFP program and want to let you know what's happening ...

With the week starting Monday May 2nd, VFPs will be paid one-and-a-half big blinds per hour instead of three. Play at $6/$12 limit Hold 'em, for example, will earn $9/hour. The maximum amount per hour per table remains $12.

Multi-table play is still allowed and you can earn up to $12/hour at each table you play. We've gotten some input that multi-table play is causing players to act very slowly, and we'd like to continue to allow multi-table VFP play. When multi-tabling please be courteous to your opponents and act in a timely manner.

We are adding two weekly $500 freeroll tournaments exclusively for those VFPs who play 10 hours or more in the preceding week. If you play 10 hours or more of real money ring game play during the week starting May 2nd, for example, you will be eligible to enter either, or both, of the $500 freerolls to be held on May 14th.

Also, since you are a charter member of our VFP program, we have two more benefits for you. First, you will continue to earn at the current rate of three big blinds per hour for the next week. The new rate of 1.5 big blinds does not apply to you until May 9th. Second, if you played at least 10 hours this last week, you are eligible to enter either or both Charter VFP Event $1,000 freeroll tournaments being held May 7th. Good luck!

Why are we making these changes?

Quite simply, the number of VFP positions is limited, and we've had more sign-ups than we expected. Rather than be forced to drop people from the program and reject new applications, we decided to change the structure so everyone could remain a VFP and new players could join the VFP program. We'd like you to remain a member of our VFP program for a long time.

Thanks again for helping make GamesGrid Poker the best poker site anywhere. Invite your friends! Those who help GamesGrid with referrals and web postings at poker sites are our most valued VFPs.

[/ QUOTE ]