Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Was totaly nuts or just good agressive poker?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (8.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
Old 02-21-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Was totaly nuts or just good agressive poker?

Pretty bad.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:40 PM

where was that post about flooding the forum?
Old 02-21-2005, 04:42 PM

It was nuts, just because you won doesn't make it good. You're being results-oriented. Yeah, you won this hand, but what if he called you and had an A or a 9? You would have lost, then would you have thought it was "good, agressive, play?" Probably not.

Agression is good, but you need *some* Semblance of a hand on which ot be agressive with.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:42 PM

Sandman, read this post, pleas

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...amp;PHPSESSID=
Old 02-21-2005, 04:43 PM

If he is betting his ace, you are very behind. If he is betting his draw, you may be ahead, and have the nut flush redraw. Betting the turn is bad here. Now you are drawing only to a ten if you are behind, and he would have checked behind if he was on a draw. I would rather check the turn and bet the river if the flush didn't fall.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:45 PM

This is a little bad. I'm surprised to see you lagging it up after you said you would fold ATs from the BB to a CO raise. What gives?

First of all, I would raise PF. It's close of course, but I think it's a raise. In this case it would have defined CO's hand more clearly.

Just call on the flop. You aren't protecting anything, you're most likely beat and have four outs. You have enough to call one bet with your 4 gutshot outs + 1.5 BD Flush outs, but raising here is not smart--especially after UTG has already called CO's bet. You're not taking the pot down here and you're not taking the pot down often enough on the turn to make this worthwhile.

Since you did manage to get it HU on the turn, I don't mind the bet. You can fold to a raise here so betting isn't bad.

On the river, think of CO's possible hands. If he has a J he's calling you down. If he has an A he's probably raising. With a PP &gt;9 he's calling you too. He will never call with anything you beat, and he will call with just about everything that beats you. Check to him. If you have him pegged as an aggressive player who will bluff here with nothing, call his bet. Otherwise fold.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:28 PM

yuck.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:31 PM

So my first impression was right this was crazy and lucky. My problem is that I'm new to this level and I am bouncing back and forth between seeing monsters under the bed and not seeing anything at all. Thanks
Old 02-21-2005, 08:11 PM

Yes, this is nuts.

You only have a backdoor flush draw, and a gutshot straight. Both of these are very weak draws.

You had odds to call on the flop, but would have had to fold the river.

Have you read SSH? Or any other 2+2 books yet? This isn't meant to be sarcastic or condescending. You may need to go back and re-read if you have, because you're missing some key hand-reading skills.

KO