Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: PM me

Sh1t. I talk to tons of people while at the same tables. We often tell our hands AFTER the other has folded. It's fun sweating...i dunno. But when we're both in a hand together it's balls to the wall full game without any correspondance.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sh1t. I talk to tons of people while at the same tables. We often tell our hands AFTER the other has folded. It's fun sweating...i dunno. But when we're both in a hand together it's balls to the wall full game without any correspondance.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is just plain collusion if you tell him your cards before the hand is played out!
Old 04-05-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is just plain collusion if you tell him your cards before the hand is played out!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it collusion if you're playing live and you fold and the guy to your left throws in a raise then taps you on your shoulder and prods you to have a peak at his cards?

BK isn't saying that player A folds, then tells player B who still has a hand "I had K3!"
Old 04-05-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it collusion if you're playing live and you fold and the guy to your left throws in a raise then taps you on your shoulder and prods you to have a peak at his cards?

BK isn't saying that player A folds, then tells player B who still has a hand "I had K3!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I misunderstood; he doesn't really specify if it is the folded or the live hand they'd discuss.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what i was referring to...bk is better at stating it than i

-Barron
Old 04-05-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pm me your AIM name and i'll play w/ you tonight (at your tables) & scout a game or two for us. when we are not in hands together tell me what you have & i'll watch you play.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF ?

Is this normal practice for you? Yes, I am a coward that did not feel like using my real name. This comment surprised me so much that it was worth creating the alternate name. Why sit at same table? Coach over IM is ok, but don't play in same game. That's a ridiculous solution to be suggesting with all these new posters around here that don't know any better and will use your method.

I ask again. Is this common for you to be at same table as someone you are chatting with on IM?

[/ QUOTE ]

no its not.

i do talk on im while playing and discuss hands. i was suggesting that DR be playing w/ me on IM watching. that is all.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you weren't going to be on the same tables, but you were going to be in hands together? Come on, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing wrong with this El D.

-Barron
Old 04-05-2005, 12:29 AM

It would be a very small step to mention to the guy with a king high flush that the ace was folded. Why even put yourself in such a tempting position?

Live this can't really happen without prearranged signals or some such.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Further clarification

Just to clarify further: the guy with the hand still in play can tell the guy who folded but the guy who folded can't tell the guy still in play. That way there is no knowing that your K high flush is the nuts because the A was folded PF.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pm me your AIM name and i'll play w/ you tonight (at your tables) & scout a game or two for us. when we are not in hands together tell me what you have & i'll watch you play.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF ?

Is this normal practice for you? Yes, I am a coward that did not feel like using my real name. This comment surprised me so much that it was worth creating the alternate name. Why sit at same table? Coach over IM is ok, but don't play in same game. That's a ridiculous solution to be suggesting with all these new posters around here that don't know any better and will use your method.

I ask again. Is this common for you to be at same table as someone you are chatting with on IM?

[/ QUOTE ]

no its not.

i do talk on im while playing and discuss hands. i was suggesting that DR be playing w/ me on IM watching. that is all.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you weren't going to be on the same tables, but you were going to be in hands together? Come on, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing wrong with this El D.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, let me clarify. Here is why you sound shady to me in this exchange.

In the first quoted post here, it is clear that you are planning to play at the same table as dross. Then, after the other guy questions that, you reply to him implying that you weren't planning to be at the same table.

To me, this backpedaling makes your whole plan, which I had no problem with initially, sound shady. That's all.