Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Bumping for update

Thanks. Then I think JimmyV's original comments about schooling are crazy and I think there is no doubt the 30 is harder than the 15 was by a fair margin.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:58 PM

Jeeez, I didn't mean that the schooling was -EV, only that it made for higher variance which in turn made me less likely to play at my best. I wasn't good at quitting stuck for the night; and I guess no one is immune to tilt.

I understand that schooling is not actually an EV problem. This is Mickey Mouse stuff (though I do appreciate the elaborating post, which does offer some grist for improving my self-awareness).

All I meant was that more pots are contested multiway at the 15/30, and yes, I think that suits my aggressive style worse than the 30/60 dynamic does.

I'll let you know how things go over the next 90K hands.

I'll keep an eye out for this toughness you describe at the 30/60, and stay open to the idea of settling back in at the 15/30 (where, incidentally, I'm still up more than 70K over the last year).

If you see me leaking in a specific way let me know.

Devotedly,

JimmyV
Old 06-12-2005, 08:01 PM

Dude there is no reason to get sarcastic. You and I have sat at the same 30 table a number of times over the past weeks and imo the tables were much harder than the 15 tables I usually sit at.

If you see things the other way than we will just chalk this up to reasonable minds disagreeing.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:06 PM

Wait, seriously, nothing in my last post was sarcastic. I wouldn't have posted if I was going to reject what people said.

We might be disagreeing a little, but only because I'm finding the games so eminently beatable. We'll see who I run into in the coming weeks.

JimmyV
Old 06-12-2005, 09:36 PM

jimmy - I would have guessed your win rate much higher than what you posted over the past 100k at the 15. I think you play good.

I also think you are letting your emotions factor into thinking the current 30 games are eaiser. my opinion is that they are harder than the old 15 games and its not close.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Reasonable bankroll for the Party 30/60?

You need $ for all 4 games so you don't go broke in one.
That is if you play the max of 4 games.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Reasonable bankroll for the Party 30/60?

really wish I could be guaranteed to not run -150BB when I start playing this so I could afford to try it.