Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2004, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Hand to Talk About (I played this hand)

I had never post until last night. Some of the reasons were because of rumors. Trash......breast implants, hair color, brozer. This is ridiculous! Do you know me? What is the problem with you people who write this stuff? Don't you have anything better to do? For the people who are trying to idenify me by my hair color.......I did color it black. This is visual! Do I have to take my top off for the other commit(breast implants)? Do you have to wipe rubbing alcohol to see if it is a tanning bed I spent a fortune on or a bottle of brozer?
This is the reason I will not share my poker information with anyone.
Terri
Old 10-26-2004, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Hand to Talk About

[ QUOTE ]

As Terri said in her post, her mistake was betting on the river, there was no need to bet; she now made something that she could show down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall her addressing the river play. Question for either of you. Given this opponent, would you fold or call a river bet here if you checked?
Old 10-26-2004, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Hand to Talk About

yeah i thought that was a little weird also:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
in the higher limit games it is always correct to come in raising with a hand like AK offsuit in early position. You want to thin out the pot because this hand plays better against a short field. Now you don’t necessarily have to hit the flop to win the pot. If you found yourself in one of the low limit games in L.A where almost everybody is in the pot even if it is raised, you can make a pretty good case for limping in and seeing the flop cheaply.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2004, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Hand to Talk About (my hand&more)

I didn't mention this before. I have played over two years and over two thousand hours of high limit poker (60/120-300/600).
If you want to see the coolest hand I ever played go to cardplayer.com and look for Barry Tanenbaum's July 30,2004 article about a hand I played. Open minded people only!

Everyday I make mistakes! I just spent a week working on my no limit and tournament with my teacher, Ed. I left town to work on my poker game and I have been a winning player for years. I care very much and thank Ed Hill, Barry Tanenbaum, Ben Roberts, David Lim, David Sklansky and my wonderful boyfriend(for believing in me and not thinking I am a crazy....in poker anyway)for all of the help that has brought me to this point in time. I know I have made them all so proud.......that is what really matters to me. Not people talking trash that wasn't there.
I am sure everyday someone can pick out 4-8 errors I make a night and do a post. Are we perfect? Oh, don't forget I am on estrogen.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:48 PM

Default \"If I was check raised on the button I would consider folding . . .\"

Where would you consider folding? To the check-raise or to the turn bet?

From your opponent's standpoint, wouldn't you be more likely to just call if you had a 5, or to have bet the flop yourself with an ace?
Old 10-26-2004, 01:55 PM

Default One More Question

In his original post, when Mason said you bet out of turn, he said it took some time to striaghten this out. Since the other players' cards were almost in the muck, was the only thing that took time was for you to betthe correct amount?

Sorry for so many questions.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:01 PM

Default Re: \"If I was check raised on the button I would consider folding . . .\"

[ QUOTE ]
Where would you consider folding? To the check-raise or to the turn bet?
From your opponent's standpoint, wouldn't you be more likely to just call if you had a 5, or to have bet the flop yourself with an ace?

[/ QUOTE ]
Andy:
If I was the button. I would consider folding if a pro raised me in this spot on the turn(usually) maybe even the flop(a rock)if there was not a flush draw. If I didn't believe them I would just call it down and let the other person bluff. If a pro raises you in this spot, you are almost always beat in the high limits. I was wrong of the button's holding and she played me correct....if she didn't believe I had it.

Terri
Old 10-26-2004, 02:05 PM

Default Re: One More Question

yes
Old 10-26-2004, 02:05 PM

Default Thanks n/t

Old 10-26-2004, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Hand to Talk About (my hand&more)

Why did you checkraise out of turn on the flop? Did you do it to discourage calls from the players that were supposed to act before you? Given your experience, you clearly knew that it was not your turn to act yet you did act - and with an oversized raise at that! Some people would interpret this move as an angle shoot yet others might classify it as a legitimate psychological move.