Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: moving up IMPOSSIBLE

I was a loser my first 7000 hands at Party .50/1. I've done much better since. It felt like people were hitting every draw imaginable against mem but I also had problems with my play, even though at the time I would have probably insisted I didn't.

Study hands, study books, figure out where you're not betting/raising when you should. Figure out all the why's to the bets/raises/folds and apply them.

It'll help.

KO
Old 04-06-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've been trying to move up from .25/.50 to anything higher.. i just can't seem to do it... it's like after the flop everyone folds.. unless ofcourse they have something GOOD.. and i always get drawn out... i think i play just as good.. and just as tight.. i am a BIG winner at the lower games.. can anyone offer me any insight into what i might be doing wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Without more information it is really hard to offer you help on your play. How many hands? Which sites? etc. Others have suggested getting pokertracker (or officepoker) or some tracking software to help you analyze your play. You should be keeping history of your sessions and allocating some time for reviewing your hands during the sessions.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:55 PM

1) Continue to study the game
2) Keep playing at the level you're comfortable.
3) Respond to posted hands on this message board with how you'd play the hand. (hint, don't look at other responses first).
4) Repeat steps 1-3
Old 04-06-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i do seem to keep the agression up.. i just play my standard game ..

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistake #1 - Not making adjustments

[ QUOTE ]
but when i DO get a hand they just fold.. i can't get any callers.... and my table image SHOLD be fine because i go down with some bad hands sometimes for that... rarely but just to get it up....

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistake #2 - Wasting money on image plays.

[ QUOTE ]
still rarely ever any callers.. i played some .5/1.0 today and lost 30 dollars two tabling.. it wasn't pretty .. but when i joined i THOUGHT they were good tables.. all so confusing... anyway i'll take your advice and maybe try out partypoker.. im sure im good enough.. i just dont understand it

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistake #3 - Not spending the time to understand why things aren't working.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:23 PM

Pacific Poker .5/1 is easier than Party. But beating Pacific will not mean you can beat Party. Do you know how I know?
Old 04-06-2005, 03:26 PM

US
Old 04-06-2005, 03:32 PM

Do you have $200 at least. Playing .5/1 I would think you would. I would recommend hitting up the GRANNY bonus at Paradise. Also, have a super large roll to pad your move up help psychologically. Here is something I wrote on roll building. Start at the $200 part (Phase 2).
Old 04-06-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i do seem to keep the agression up.. i just play my standard game ..

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistake #1 - Not making adjustments

[ QUOTE ]
but when i DO get a hand they just fold.. i can't get any callers.... and my table image SHOLD be fine because i go down with some bad hands sometimes for that... rarely but just to get it up....

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistake #2 - Wasting money on image plays.

[ QUOTE ]
still rarely ever any callers.. i played some .5/1.0 today and lost 30 dollars two tabling.. it wasn't pretty .. but when i joined i THOUGHT they were good tables.. all so confusing... anyway i'll take your advice and maybe try out partypoker.. im sure im good enough.. i just dont understand it

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistake #3 - Not spending the time to understand why things aren't working.

[/ QUOTE ]

great feedback for the OP. Gold.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:02 PM

yea atm i have a $500 bankroll.. but the funny thing is i make more money at .25/.5 than i do at $1/$2 or .5/1.0 atm so it doesnt make sense to change... you wouldnt believe the killing i make at .25/.5 or the low nl .10Bb games... im just so far beyond those games i can make 30 dollars there in a session on a regular basis..... but moving up even a little bit drops me down like nothing.... drives me crazy -_- ... whenever i clear a bonus at $1/$2 or move up to any level i pretty much just break even... or lose like $40.. then i go back down and start grinding out the money again and work my way back up [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 05:07 PM

good advice.. .. funny thing is i DO make adjustments.. but they dont seem to work... i've been spending TONS of time trying to figure out what im doing wrong and every time i move up i DO make adjustments.... but get shot back down again [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .. i need poker tracker :/