Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: moving up IMPOSSIBLE

I just moved up to 0.5/1 at party, and I have no problem but you have to have patience, first day i went +/- 0 and next day + $170. I play 4 tables and have played about 18 hours, and the last $100 came the last hour!

And as JaxUp say, it's important to keep up with your tight/aggressive style, and not think so much about the money.
like 6 months ago I was playing 1/2 and tried to move up to 2/4 but it just didn't work, I felt the same way you do now... and one of my problem was that I was to "scared".

When you move up in limits you must be prepared to move back down again if it doesn't work out.

I usually have a bankroll of 300 BB (Big Bets) and if I start to loose more than 50 BB I drop down a limit and when I'm up to 300 BB again I move up. (I have never dropped down but I think it works).

I started with $60 at 0.1/0.2 at expekt.com and now im at 0.5/1 at party/multipoker with $470
Old 04-06-2005, 11:26 AM

yea i really notice the variance when i move up and it really freaks me out... i've made all my money ($500) or so dollars off micro limits and bonuses which isnt so bad. funny thing is i can break even in the 6 max 1/2 games but i can't handle .5/1.0 at all.. maybe i always jsut run bad when i move up... :/
Old 04-06-2005, 11:34 AM

with the .5/1.0 i was playing at absolute... 6 max.. they only have about 2 of those running

party might be the way to go : ) i just feel like i dont ever get paid off when i hit

i probably do but i feel my starting hands are good and i can pretty much get out of many hands .. one thing i'm not sure i have been able to pick up is the ability to play the other players(except in heads up) rather than just play the cards.. i don't see how you can win unless you get the cards
Old 04-06-2005, 11:40 AM

One HAND.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:48 AM

On Empire, for me, the difference has been table selection.

I look for full tables with medium-high pot size. Also named tables seems to have more fish.

Use PT and GT+. Open 4 tables, go to lunch or run an errand. Come back in 20 minutes and you have plenty of info on those four tables. Look for a table with a VP$P > 30 and a PFR < 5. That's a sweet spot! It means there are lots of limpers with weak hands. Go there and school them.

If you see more than 3 TA at a table, do not go there.

If you do this everytime before going to play, there should be no reason why you have "no reads" when posting a hand.

Information is money in polker and at party they give it away for free.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:50 AM

party is leaps and bounds better than stupid absolute. if you have $500, you can start bonus whoring. remember that there are several different party skins (empire, pokernow, multipoker, eurobet, intertops) that all have easy-to-clear 1st deposit bonuses, and you can get another $100 each from the igmpay bonuses.
as far as playing the other opponents, you will get there. you make most of your money in hold 'em on your postflop play. get pokertracker and playerview, it does the reads for you. and get small stakes hold 'em, read the forums, play as many hands/tables as you can keep up with. .5/1 on party is a very beatable game if you take the time to study, and the bonuses will help you while you are learning the ropes.

-Ryan
Old 04-06-2005, 11:55 AM

i might take the plunge and spend 50 dollars on poker tracker :| been putting it off.. yea i have looked at the tables and since i've got to the level i am at now i really feel i could beat those tables .. but i keep feeling i can and play games and lose... meh iuno
Old 04-06-2005, 12:01 PM

pokertracker is a beautiful thing my friend, by it with your first party bonus
Old 04-06-2005, 01:30 PM

im just wondering is it $55 USD or CAN?
Old 04-06-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after the flop everyone folds unless ofcourse they have something GOOD...

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, then bet every flop and take down a ton of pots.

[ QUOTE ]
and i always get drawn out

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? These two statements are contradictory.

You're probably just having a bad run of cards. It happens. Keep studying and playing hard and you'll be fine.