Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 07:53 PM

Default 20/40 live hands

Game is above average. Just a check-up on what the heck I'm doing.

Hand 1: UTG opens. He rarely comes in with a limp. Two cold-callers, I call in BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Four to the flop.

FLOP: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet. UTG calls. Bad loose player (BLP) raises. One fold. I 3-bet. UTG thinks and calls. BLP calls. Three to the turn.

TURN: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet. Both call.

RIVER: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check. UTG bets. BLP calls. I call.

Hand 2: I limp UTG with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Three callers and blinds call. Six to the flop.

FLOP: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked around.

TURN: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB (poor player) bets, I raise. Clears the field. BB calls.

RIVER: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks. I check.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: 20/40 live hands

Hand 1: Seems like you are in a perfect spot to checkraise the flop here, that is what I would normally do. With you leading into UTG, he may raise and you could lose the other players on a hand where you'd like some action. You did get to 3-bet the flop though, so it worked out. I probably bet the river too. A turn checkraise seems overly fancy, and you'd hate to see it checked through.

Hand 2: I probably just give it up on the turn, even second pair beats you here. I think raising is second best, and obviously calling is worst. He leads into 4 people on the turn, he probably has a king with no kicker, or he made two pair, either way you're getting called.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:08 PM

Hand 1: All seems fine until the river. I would bet the river and call a raise.

Hand 2: I almost always fold 77 preflop UTG. Not having done so, I would fold the turn. There are six players, and a weak K is not going anywhere.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:11 PM

Hand 1: The only way I check this river is to checkraise. They don't put you on a flush since you came out betting (which was good btw) nobody has a boat here.

Hand 2: I fold turn and don't lose any sleep over getting to see 4 cards 6 ways for one sb.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-12-2005, 11:15 PM

Hand 2: Should the situation be that I have 99, a raise is best play?
Old 12-13-2005, 01:21 PM

Hand 1: Bet/call sounds good to me. I think bet/3-bet is better than check/call.

Hand 2: I like the turn play, but only if you're planning on not putting another bet into the pot. There are plenty of players who will bet a 6, or even any two cards, here. As for preflop, I usually raise (especially since it's 9-handed), unless it's a loose game, then a limp is good.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: Should the situation be that I have 99, a raise is best play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like it a little more in that case since you can beat second pair. However, I don't know that the hand would have played out the same way since I would have raised preflop w/ 9's; even if I hadn't raised preflop, I'd bet the flop with 99.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:31 PM

I agree with the idea that the action would have been quite different. I most definitely would have raised pf with 99 UTG, but I understand your thoughts about second pair versus middle pair.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:24 PM

Default RESULTS

Hand 1: UTG showed A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for his backdoor full-house. BLP did not show but said he also had a flush.

Hand 2: BB shows Q8o. I mucked. We've played together many times and have been friendly with each other. As he raked the pot, he asked inquisitively, "What the hell was that about?!" I replied, "Oh, just protecting your hand."
Old 12-13-2005, 03:11 PM

Bet the river and call a raise. do you honestly think someone made a backdoor fullhouse? Sure this time you feel good but next time when it checks through you'll regreat it.