Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 04:46 PM

Default AJ Offsuit, correct fold preflop?

This was a home game, I was playing with.... I think there was 6 or 7 of us still in the game at this point. This is a VERY VERY loose game although when they do go all in it's normally with something good, atlesat a decent pocket pair, or two high cards, theres no bluffing all in with these bad players really.

So I hold A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] right off the button, first postion raises all in and small blind instantly calls out of turn like the bad players they are, it comes back to me and i sit and think, then I decide to fold my AJ, would u guys make the same play??

It ended up that the two players had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] so I had them both dominated,
then the flop came A xx J x and I woulda won, I didn't kill myself over it because normally I think I woulda lost that pot.

Any input would be great.
Thanks!
Old 12-10-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: AJ Offsuit, correct fold preflop?

sounds like a pretty easy fold to me given the normal way the game is going, not being result oriented here is a smart thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] NLD
Old 12-10-2005, 05:36 PM

This is a good fold, if you were suited pushing could be considered, given the texture of the game. Although you "would've won" this hand, the important thing is how often, given this action you could expect the same.

Cambraceres
Old 12-11-2005, 07:12 PM

Thanks a lot :P
I just wanted to see if other people would agree with my fold.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:30 PM

Why do my posts never get any responses? I get like 3 or 4, if you read this which a lot more then 3 people did, just give you're thoughts. it's very easy.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do my posts never get any responses? I get like 3 or 4, if you read this which a lot more then 3 people did, just give you're thoughts. it's very easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're not getting any responses because this is an incredibly easy fold.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-12-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, thanks.
Someone coulda just said that from the start though!
Old 12-12-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like a pretty easy fold to me given the normal way the game is going, not being result oriented here is a smart thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] NLD

[/ QUOTE ]

OP, wasn't this the first response you received? Most people post only if they have something new to add. Don't feel bad, keep posting if you have questions. Just realize that not every thread is going to get 50 replies.