Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 06:41 PM

Default 180stars hand, suggestions?

So the hand before it was raised PF (4xBB) by the UTG+1 and called by MP1 folded to me where i made it 12xBB and took it down PF. I showed KK (to do the same play later and to show that Im will reraise with real hands). Other than this hand I have been playing TAGish (however, I just moved tables less than 10 hands ago, so no real info on people). I was just wondering how you would play this out.

blinds are 50/100
Seat 1: (1388 in chips)
Seat 3: Villian (4419 in chips)
Seat 4: (3282 in chips)
Seat 5: (1460 in chips)
Seat 6: (2555 in chips)
Seat 7: (4430 in chips)
Seat 8: (1100 in chips)
Seat 9: Hero (6005 in chips)
Villian: posts small blind 50
Seat 4: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Seats 5-8 fold, Hero raies to 400, button folds, Villian reraises to 800
What is your move here?
As people tell me what goes on I will go through the rest of the hand and ask what you would do.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: 180stars hand, suggestions?

I call. If no A or K on the flop, I will push to his CB.
Simple.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call. If no A or K on the flop, I will push to his CB.
Simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this line except for the condescending tone.

i would also not give it up that quick to a Kxx flop.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:04 PM

If he raises there isnt the worst he has AK, but most likely AA or KK. I dont understand that if and A of K doesnt flop why ur read would change or would that not be ur read. I think this because I just showed KK the hand before.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:00 PM

Sorry for the condescending tone - not intentional. But, I can see how it sounded that way.

As for your follow up, I would not be so quick to put him on KK or AA. AK is definitely a possibility, but I think he alos mini-reraises with AQ, AQs, JJ, TT (maybe) and possibly a few others (AJs??) So there are is a range of hands that he could have. Yes, AA or KK is possible, and I often minreraise with those hands to try and trap the guy into pushing over me. BUT, he is giving you such a cheap price you almost have to call and see the flop.

Now, if the flop is all undercards to you, then you are in really good shape. Yes, he could have AA and KK, but you cant always be scared of monsters under the bed. You have the third best starting hand!!! If you run into number 1 or number 2 best, well, that is just bad luck. Now, if there is an K or A on the flop, you can fold to any kind of pressure.

If the flop is all rags and he bets out say half the pot, I push. If he pushes on a board that is all rags, I instacall. Again, if you run into AA or KK, thats bad luck. But, more often then not, he will fold his AK, AQs to your all in.

Now, just think how sweet it will be if you call the minireraise, the board comes up 8Q2 and he has AQ. You will be getting all of his chips!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Some of this is read dependant, but for most of it, it is my default play.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:44 PM

Maybe I dont accumulate chips enough but I dont understand why everyone is keen to get all their chips in the middle with this one. For the level we have a good stack and the blind increases are slow at this point with the two 100/200 levels to come, pleanty of time to get more info on the table and they dont know you have been tagish after one rotation.

I am all for calling here but why not play poker postflop keep the pot a decent level but make him wrong to call with his overcards (if thats what he has) and make him work a bit if he has AA,KK and get money out of him if he has JJ-99 etc. We have the positional advantage lets use it.