Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 05:29 PM

Default FF Dynasty League Trade

I realize that this forum has been somewhat clogged with these fantasy football trade threads, and I hate to contribute to it, but I've gone back and forth with my opinion on this trade for the last 2 days, and really am not sure what to do. First, a little background on the league...
It is the 2+2 dynasty league, and the trade was offered to me by poster doughhater. Pertinent scoring is 1/10 rush/rec, 6pt TD's, and .5 receptions. All but 2 players are "kept" in the offseason. I'm currently in 1st place in the league, with a 2 game lead in my division (top team in each division makes playoffs, along with 2 wildcard teams.) Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D.

I have been offered Reggie Wayne and Corey Dillon for Carnell Williams and either Frank Gore or Brandon Lloyd.

My team:

QB D. Bledsoe
QB B. Roethlisberger
QB D. Carr
RB D. Davis
RB B. Westbrook
RB C. Williams
RB F. Gore
RB P. Pass
WR S. Moss
WR Ke. Johnson
WR H. Ward
WR J. Porter
WR J. Gaffney
WR B. Lloyd
TE J. Witten
K S. Graham
DEF Green Bay
DEF Carolina

Doing this trade would give me a nice boost to my WR corps, and I would still have a decent #3 RB in Dillon. My worries are that Dillon is aging, and hasn't looked all that great this year (been watching him all year as a Pats fan). Westbrook is also not under contract for next year, and while he is a VERY valuable back in a PPR league right now, his value plummets if he isn't in Philly next year, or if Philly brings in another back to split carries. I also do think I have a very good shot of winning the league this year even standing pat, so I'm a little reluctant to trade Caddy when he looks like he'll be the major weapon in TB for many years to come...

What do you guys think? Should I do it with Lloyd, do it with Gore, or stand pat?

Thanks a lot,
Remus
Old 10-26-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: FF Dynasty League Trade

no way.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:45 AM

No. Williams is too valuable in a keeper.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:04 AM

I would *never* do this trade.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:00 PM

No, not even close. Wayne won't be that great because the Colts have focused on the run, and with the success they're having, I don't see that changing any time soon. Dillon and the Patriots are both on the decline. It might be worthwhile in a draft league, but Williams has the potential to be a must-start RB for the next several years.