Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Does it matter what online site you play at?

Having played for two years online in low stakes games I am beginning to think that it doesn't matter what site you play. I have won at almost every site I have played (UB, Bodog, Tiger, Party, Pacific, Stars, etc.) and I just make slight adjustments to my standard tight/aggressive play based on how loose or tight the table I'm at is... Does anybody else think it matters where you play online in small stakes games as long as you are a "solid" player?
Old 06-24-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Does it matter what online site you play at?

I know that I've made more money in the last 3-4 weeks since switching to Party than I did in 3-4 months at Stars.

Of course, that could be because my skill level has increased. Could also be variance.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:21 PM

I think there are different playing styles at different sites. I think Party is more aggressive and more maniac ridden/LAGGY then Stars.

Which site is better for you is dependent on what style of player you think you do better against.

(I think Party is looser with more bad aggressive players which is good, but has more variance. I think you don't get paid off as easily at Stars, but I find its easier to read the players and a little easier to bluff.)
Old 06-24-2005, 02:23 PM

Solid players should be able to beat SSNL games anywhere. They might make a little more at one site over another but they are capable of beating all of them (unless there's some Doyle/Chan/Greenstein/etc. .25/.50 game where they go to blow off steam) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2005, 02:24 PM

I agree that some sites are more profitable then others... I have had much more success at Party then Stars as well... In fact I rarely play Stars any more as the players are just too tight (in general)... But in takes a special psychological toughness to play at Party, Pacific and Bodog as the beats are very frequent due to the poor competition playing a zillion hands... Perhaps that's why some people stay at Stars, they know that most of the players play tight and they can play more "standard" strategies...
Old 06-24-2005, 02:26 PM

Those guys 'blow off steam' by lighting joints w/ $1000 bills & taking baths in piping-hot Cristal, or so my G-Funk sensibilities demand.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:06 PM

Would love to see more opinions on the subject...