Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Live Tournament, 2 hands

£325 ($560) entry tournament in Birmingham (UK), 7000 starting chips 160 entries.

I'm discusted with myself over my performance, but these hands concern me, especially the first one.

Level 1 (25/50), equal stacks. I am BB with 88.

D-1 raises to 200, SB calls and I call 150.
Flop is 78J rainbow. SB bets 700, I call and D-1 raises 3000. SB folds and so do I.

I was worried about T9, and didn't want to risk all of my chips this early in, but overall this is terrible right? He would raise more with JJ preflop, would be unlikely to raise with T9, and if he did have the straight he would probably play it a bit slower.

Second hand. 100/200 blinds.

4th pos. raises to 700, 6th (to my left) raises to 1200 and I call with AKo.

Flop is 77K checked round to me I bet 2000 of the 6000 I have left. SB puts me allin, and I call. Again, bad call? Surely he must have a 7 (unlikely with raise), AA, KK or at best AK?

I am seriously worried about what the hell happened to my game tonight with these hands, could do with some comment from the people on here, would be appreciated.

Just wanted to add another hand quickly.

AA in first position with 6000 chips with the blinds at 100/200. I raise 300, with 4 callers (including BB and SB). Flop is AJ2 all clubs, and I raise 1500 when checked to me, is this OK? They all folded.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Live Tournament, 2 hands

Hand 1 : He could have JJ, he raised 4xBB that would be fine. he could have 9-10, but less likely. I think he has QQ-AA and don't want both of you chase with str8 draw or 1 pair. I would have pushed.

Hand 2 : His min-raise would concern me, but with that flop, it's hard to get out of it. He don't have a 7 because he re-raised he flopped quads he he has a 7. If he has AA, you are unlucky, not only you have AK against AA but you hit a very nice flop. I would call and hope he has KQ (less likely) or QQ/JJ.

Hand 3: I'm not sure, but I think it's fine. When I flop a set on a suited board, I usually bet hard but have hard time get out of it...If you go all-in you have 7 outs on the turn and 10 out on the river to fill the boat.Anyone else on this one?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:40 PM

Thanks

First hand he had 77 and hit the set.

Second hand he had KK and hit the full house
Old 11-23-2005, 06:37 PM

Hand 1 is a not a good play. If the man has JJ, tip your hat to him. It doesn't matter how early in the tournament it is. He doesn't have 10/9 but if he did you would still have 35+% chance to win.

Hand 2 - I would probably call as well but would like more information on that particular player.

Hand 3 - There's no other option but to bet there.