Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Anyone here work in consulting?

Another great plus about consulting is that you get to see a lot of the different ways companies go about doing similar things. You will gain far more experience in 5 years consulting compared to the same in a single company.

I did 6 yrs of computer consulting throughout southern New England. I was able to see and work on such a wide variety of systems and products, that once I decided to 'settle down' I had my pick of jobs. Now I'm working a cushy gig for Yale, 4.5 miles from home!

Take the consulting. Work your ass off for half a decade, maybe more. Travel with it while you still can. See what parts of the job and country you like.

When you're 30, you'll reap the benefits like you would not believe...
Old 11-06-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Anyone here work in consulting?

a few of my good friends just started at D&T consulting this year. I find their experiences very similar to my own on the audit side of public accounting, except they can get stuck on one crappy client for a long long time. It's a good place to start though, I'd say go for it if you wanna do the business thing and not the science thing for your whole life. After a few years you'll get tired of it and then you can go get your mba and do whatever the hell you want.