Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: I played it like AK....can I represent AK?

Interesting. I find the opposite. The 15 game seems to be filled with players calling the river with any pair in largish pots and I have had better success with this type of play at lower limits.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. I find the opposite. The 15 game seems to be filled with players calling the river with any pair in largish pots and I have had better success with this type of play at lower limits.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. MP1 almost surely has a pair and shouldn't be folding for 1 bet to a scare card in a pot this size. At 15/30, I generally see MP1 type "damn river" and make a crying call - not that it stops me from making this exact same play and whining to myself afterwords about what a bad play it was...
Old 04-18-2005, 07:11 PM

I don't know how they play at 15/30, but at 3/6 I check raise or check fold on the flop, depending on the bettor position and the number of players called. About your river play... there were too many players seeing the flop, which says that most of the playes are loose. There is a big chance somebody has a 9. A loose player will not fold a 9(actually any pair) for one bet. Not a good spot to bluff IMO.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:39 PM

I would check call the flop. Fold the turn.

As far as the river goes, I think the bet is EV+ if MP1 seems to be a thinking weak tight player. Otherwise fold.