Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Raising pf and not getting to showdown....

I figured I'd take advantage of this little party fiasco to look over some old hands. Im still new to 5/10 (3k hands), and my WTSD is hovering around 31%, I'm starting to wonder if I might be folding a little too much. I generally dont like multiple hand posts but this should be fairly straight forward.

Not enough hands on villians for good reads unless otherwise indicated.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

This is a play I actually found myself making a few times in old hands. It makes sense to me, but you never know. What if there were two under cards with an ace instead of a paired board?
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.20 BB

Villain here had 2+2 stats, I smelled a sexy. Check behind river...call it down?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.20 BB

Thanks,
Old 10-11-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Raising pf and not getting to showdown....

[ QUOTE ]
Im still new to 5/10 (3k hands), and my WTSD is hovering around 31%, I'm starting to wonder if I might be folding a little too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at 29-31% over about 70k hands across 6 different levels (.5/1 through 5/10, full and 6-max) and I've averaged 2BB/100. The number that I'd worry about more is W$SD, if that's too high then you're folding winning hands. Also river aggression, I'm at about a 2. Get too passive and you lose/give value bets (depending on if you're winning or losing the hand).

I'm probably folding a few hands I had odds to pull out, but if it's that close, it's by definition not a big mistake EV-wise.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Raising pf and not getting to showdown....

I have no problems with your play in one.
Thats tricky in number 2. I might be more inclined to call flop and call turn and bet if check too on river. He might be betting his flush draw. He sure as heck doesnt have a 3. If the board was not paired then you might consider flop raise and turn bet and consider the river check so you charge him to see river instead of checking turn and calling the automatic river bet.

Hand 3
I would have checked river for fear of a check raise attempt. He knows you have an ace and will bet if checked to, so he figurse waiting for the river would marry you into calling the raise poss.

Hand 4:
I dont think this was played horribly.