Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: NYC Poker Rooms

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'll just have to wait and see if this thread gets locked and/or deleted now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would this be?
Old 10-04-2005, 05:32 PM

What are you still complaining about? Removing replies from stickied threads is standard for 2+2 (per request of Mat Sklansky). As JBB's friend I can vouch for him not having any personal agendas to stifle your free speech. RELAX! You and Dynasty would make an adorable couple, you're both wound way too tight for internet message boards.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Right. Not to mention the Manhattan DA's office. And blaring the address of a club all over the internet, even here, is not a good thing for any of the NYC poker clubs.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see if this thread gets locked and/or deleted now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we may have played together... regardless, you need to relax. You got caught up in the Playstation bust and that sucks. It doesn't mean you have to get all pissy with everyone else discussing poker events in NY.

Satellite Club is being used for a book signing and they have apparently authorized the publication of their name and address for this purpose.

Who knows what the effect of the publication of the stories about A-Rod/Hellmuth will be, but that is not controlled by the club that they played in or anyone else. It's that damn free press thing.

And there is no arbitrary censorship going on here from what I have read -- still, 2+2 is a private company so they are within their rights to do whatever they want with their message boards. You have the right to go elsewhere if you don't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, and this is my last word on the subject. There is indeed arbitrary censorship going on here, at least in this forum. It just depends on who you're buddies are and whatever they might be promoting at the moment. Right, Johnny?

Yes, we have played together and I'm a little surprised by your comments. I would have expected better of you. Considering that we're both in the same line of work I would have thought that at least you'd get your facts straight before you chimed in.

As for being "pissy", that's probably the last word anyone who knows me would use to describe my attitude. The Play Station raid had zero effect me personally or professionally, but some people I know really suffered as a result of it. And I'd rather not see the club where I play these days come under scrutiny because of excessive publicity about the "NYC poker scene" either here or in the press.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:39 PM

Fight the man! Don't let that Fascist, JBB, hold you down!

On an unrelated note, why do so many of your posts make reference to the fact that you're a lawyer? Do you really think there's any regular reader of this forum left that doesn't know that already?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right, Johnny?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Not right. Not even close. But keep dropping inuendo without any whiff of an actual fact.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:07 PM

I would like to just put this in a seaprate post.

Do you feel you have been unfairly censored because I deleted some comments in a sticky? If so, just write whatever you had written in another post. As long as it isn't obscene or spam or post the location of an NY poker club (if you think the Sattelite sticky violates this point please use the search function and save me some time), or otherwise abusive then it won't be deleted.

However, I suspect you won't bother, because if you really wanted to say something you would have tried to say it by now. Now you have said your "last word" on the subject because you don't actually have anything substantive to say. I imagine you just like wrapping yourself in a flag of martyrdom for some unknown reason.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Play Station raid had zero effect me personally or professionally, but some people I know really suffered as a result of it. And I'd rather not see the club where I play these days come under scrutiny because of excessive publicity about the "NYC poker scene" either here or in the press.

[/ QUOTE ]

To my knowledge the only people the Play Station raid who were truly affected for than a day were the owners who are paying a hefty fine, and the employees who all lost their jobs. If there were others please let us all know, because there seems to be no bad feelings from the owners- on that I can attest. They (as well as the employees) knew the risks involved, and are happy they were able to operate for as long as they did. Luckilly the phoenix could rise from its ashes.

As for the club you currently play at, too late. Read Monday's NY Post. Its a shame to see this, but its impossible to control the independent actions of the 500+ regulars who are customers... some of who have an axe to grind.

I won't comment on the rest, and you know why. Keep grinding...

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]