Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Best movie quotes

Third man, very nice
"Would you really feel any pity if one of those dots stopped moving for ever? If I said you can have twenty thousand pounds for every dot that stops, would you really, old man, tell me to keep my money -- or would you calculate how many dots you could afford to spare? Free of income tax, old man. Free of income tax. It's the only way to save nowadays."
Old 10-20-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The girl in your avatar looks like she's a retard. An honest to goodness retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing worse than a fallacious to malicious retard. Such posers! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Are you gonna bark all day little doggy.......

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy.......
....or are you gonna bite?"
Old 10-20-2005, 10:59 AM

My favorite recent one was, "Do you want to gossip or do you want to shoot somebody?" in Spartan.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:02 AM

From Miller's Crossing:
"Your first shot puts him down, then you put one in his brain. Then it's over. We go home."

"There's nothing sillier than a man chasing his hat."
Old 10-20-2005, 11:08 AM

Rocky IV when his wife tells him he cant win?

"you right, maybe i cant win. Maybe all i can do is take everything he's got. But to beat me, he is going to have to kill me, and to do that, he has to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he has to be willing to die himself, and im not sure if he's ready to do that, i don't know, i don't know,,,, "
And he walks away to No easy way out song....
Old 10-20-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Im your Huckleberry"

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2005, 11:15 AM

Definitely not the best ever, but the best I've seen in a while. Made me smile more than any other quote in any movie I've ever seen maybe:

"Suppose a water dog comes down the tracks and sees you; what's he gonna say about you, LAND dog? If there's times in the world where it's time to take a chance, it's time right now to take a chance. What's this. Water. Get in it."

GoT
Old 10-20-2005, 11:27 AM

Two by Brando:

"Hey Stella" - Stanley Kowalski, "A Streetcar Named Desire"

"You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it." - Terry Malloy, "On The Waterfront"
Old 10-20-2005, 11:31 AM

I realize this is not a simple quote, but for such a long speech it's pretty damn awesome, and quite memorable.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. Men, all this stuff you’ve heard about America not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Americans traditionally love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball player, the toughest boxer. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn’t give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That’s why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans.

Now, an Army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post don’t know anything more about real battle than they do about fornicating.

We have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit and the best men in the world. You know, by God I actually pity those poor bastards we’re going up against. By God, I do. We’re not just going to shoot the bastards, we’re going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We’re going to murder those lousy Hun bastards by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood. Shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.

Now there’s another thing I want you to remember. I don’t want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We’re not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we’re not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose.

There’s one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home. And you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you’re sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what did you do in the great World War II, you won’t have to say, "Well, I shoveled [censored] in Louisiana."

Alright now, you sons-of-bitches, you know how I feel. Oh, and I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle – anytime, anywhere.

That’s all

Swede