Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 07:16 PM

Default Re: The Perfect Example of Tilting Out...

The major mistake that I saw Vahedi make was saying "You laid down a hand to him last time..." At that point, my chips would have been in the center before he finished the thought...
Old 09-19-2004, 12:33 AM

Default Re: The Perfect Example of Tilting Out...

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

"The key to this hand is Davin's all-in reraise. It's a bad bet."

That IS the key. Greg's raise tells the guy he's probably behind, making an all-in raise a non-option. Greg most likely holds 1. a bigger ace, or 2. A,rag but hit 2 pair or 3. a set. So if he then thinks that calling is an option and he misses spiking a come-from-behind ace or 10 on the turn, he faces a possible all-in check, call on the turn. That makes calling the raise on the flop a non-option. Therefore, if you can't raise, and can't call... you fold.

I think he knew he was behind but because of cracked aces, his judgement was a bit off and he hoped to move Greg off by being aggressive. I really would like to know how soon after the aces got cracked that this happened. I seems to be very soon after, just by Davin's reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with the assessment that Greg was probably holding a better hand. There was just as good a chance of him holding either a nonset PP or maybe even a King high.

Davin might have thought that Greg was trying to push him off the pot with the bigger stack, thinking that Greg thought that Davin didn't have an Ace but instead a PP. So Davin might have been reraising a perceived bluff.

Although personally, I would have check-raised the flop and folded to a reraise. But Davin wanted to play aggressively and it was boom or bust. It's bad to lose a All-in bet, but it's also bad to let a bigger stack push you around. It's damned if you do damned if you don't.