Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2004, 02:18 AM

Default Phil Hellmuth Chipset

Any opinions on these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gename=rvi:1:3
Old 08-15-2004, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Phil Hellmuth Chipset

i can't stand to look at him for a few seconds on TV. looking at him at every poker game would be good i guess, if my only other option were ramming railroad spikes into my eyes.

as far as quality goes, i am not sure though.

PS i heard the dealer button has a pic of him shirtless on the underside.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:31 AM

Do you really want to stare at Phil H in your homegame?? Maybe the chips could put your opponents on tilt though so it might be a good idea.....

No idea on quality though.

Sly
Old 08-15-2004, 11:16 AM

I'm exercising my masochistic side today, so I decided to check out the link. Here's a quote from the puffery in the sales pitch about the chips and videos:

"These entertaining videos, hosted by Phil Hellmuth, entitled "Million Dollar Poker System" and "Million Dollar Secrets to Bluffing and Tells," reveal how you can learn how not to lose your shirt in a poker tournament." (emphasis added)

If he knows that secret, why in the hell can't he keep his @^&%@@%^ shirt on during the player profile pieces that are forced on us in WPT, WSOP, etc., telecasts?!?! Warning: obscure The Simpsons reference coming -- With Phil's physique, I'm thinking he has eaten one too many batches of Moe's "Million Dollar Birthday Fries."
Old 08-15-2004, 11:27 AM

I just went to see M. Night Shyamalan's "the Village" last night, but those chips are much scarier.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:01 PM

OK, now that you've all got the Phil bashing out of your system. I don't care about the chips with his mug on them, I won't be using those.

I'm wondering about the ones that have the Tournament Pro Series on them, those are the chips I'm talking about. They look nice, IMO.

Anyone ever use them, what do they feel like?
Old 08-15-2004, 03:30 PM

Nah! I still wanna Bash. Have a picture of him wiping his eyes with a pamper...Now that- I might consider buying. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2004, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nah! I still wanna Bash. Have a picture of him wiping his eyes with a pamper...Now that- I might consider buying. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what, I have no problem with people hijacking threads on occasion, but you have 14 posts, so wait until you collect some more posts and credibility before you jack my thread please.

other than that, I agree with you, but I would like some serious responses here. There are plenty of Hellmuth bashing threads over in the TV forum go jump on those.

I think the Tournament Pro Series chips look good and I'm seriously considering buying them, but I'd like some input.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:49 PM

Sorry if you thought I was threadjacking. I wasn't entirely sure your post was serious. Now that I can see it was, then I'll suggest you contact the seller to make damned sure the tournament chips and the Hellmuth-befouled chips are not one in the same, with the tournament printing on one side and the crybaby's pics on the other. Also, given that the chips are described as being part of a "signature series," it makes me wonder whether you might be able to find the same chips with different player(s)' pictures on them. The seller might be able to tell you whether that is the case.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if you thought I was threadjacking. I wasn't entirely sure your post was serious. Now that I can see it was, then I'll suggest you contact the seller to make damned sure the tournament chips and the Hellmuth-befouled chips are not one in the same, with the tournament printing on one side and the crybaby's pics on the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already know the answer to that, the 1,5, 25 and 100 have the tournament pro series on both sides. The higher denomination chips have his picture on them. If I had that question, i could have figured the solution out on my own.

I want to know if anyone that has ACTUALLY used, seen or knows someone that has used these chips, what they think of them.

I'm intelligent enough to look at a picture and make my own impressions just like anyone else. i don't want someone to open my link and give me their opinion, I want someone who knows what these chips feel and sound like to comment.

Thanks!