Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 10:57 PM

Default Re: Overcalls? X-post from HUSH

Id go for overcalls on the river, and now that CO raised....I'd re-raise that river.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:59 PM

Saw results....yeah Id bet the flop and turn as well. AT, probably calls the flop, folds/calls the turn. At that point, it doesnt matter cause you are golden on the river.

But most of the time, u take it down on the turn. Still, Id re-raise that river.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:07 PM

Why go for overcalls? It's unlikely CO has anything worth calling.

Yes, I agree that he should reraise once it gets raised.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:49 PM

Okay, this will be my last response in this exchange because it seems our argument has gone from a logical one to an emotional one. That said...

[ QUOTE ]
gutshot+backdoor < 5 outs to win. betting is only for fold equity and i think fold equity is extremely low here with all the backdoor draws possible. that makes betting moronic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have more than <5 outs here. If no one has clubs, which will usually be the case, you have an extra out. Additionally, this is the sort of board that won't typically pair anybody, so your outs to a pair are probably good as well.

As far as backdoor draws go, the only other ones I see are runner runner spades and an unlikely runner runner straight. OP's chances of picking up a backdoor draw are probably better than his opponents, so I don't think there's any reason to fear this.

This makes for a very reasonable chance of catching the best hand if you don't take down the pot immediately.

[ QUOTE ]
you're right, there are no reads, so assuming a hand range is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's what you got from my post, then either you misread it or I did a poor job of explaining myself. Putting your opponents on a range of hands was crucial to my argument. My range just happened to be different than yours.

[ QUOTE ]
and sb could have completed with any two. i complete with almost any 2 in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if SB would complete with any 2 in this spot (FWIW, this is not what I would expect a typical player to do) this would still be a very unorthodox way of playing either ace high or a flopped pair. Flopped pairs and ace-high pose the most serious threat to OP's hand IMO, so even if SB would limp with any 2 cards here, I don't think it poses much of a problem.

I hope I haven't offended you. I'm just supplying my opinion on how to play a poker hand.

Good luck...