Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 09:42 PM

Default How non-expertly did I play this?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)
Preflop: Quad_Damage is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Quad_Damage checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Quad_Damage bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Quad_Damage bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Quad_Damage 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

River: (12.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Quad_Damage bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, Quad_Damage calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Quad_Damage has 8d 5d (two pair, eights and fives).
UTG+1 has 3d 3s (three of a kind, threes).
CO has Jh Js (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 18.50 BB. </font>
Old 07-05-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: How non-expertly did I play this?

What hands will he limp EP and suddenly come alive on the turn. 55 88 33 and maybe TT. Given the lack of creativity in the play at .5/1 when a player comes alive on a particular street it means that card made their hand.

Hands that 3 helps would be T3 83 53 and 33. Since it is much more likely that he limped 33 than 53 83 or T3 I think you need to consider he made his set. 3 betting the turn is fine, but I would check call the river.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:54 PM

Link

As for the hand, depends on who your opponents are. I probably call the turn raise, but I dont know if the implied odds are there for it, if u can get a check/raise in on the river the call is break even if u are behind.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:02 PM

I thought about all that on the turn and still made the 3 bet. I dunno what I was thinking then or what I was thinking on the river.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:29 PM

I think you played it perfectly. What can ya do.

Since I've been keepingtrack flopping 2 pair will win 53 out of 77 times or 69% of the time.

UTG+1 made the bad play on the flop and lucked out.
CO made a REAL bad play by not raising the flop but maybe it saved him a bet.

I can't put a guy on a set and figure he is just dicking me thinking I have nothing.

Grinderswarehouse - NOT just another BLOG
Old 07-05-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't put a guy on a set and figure he is just dicking me thinking I have nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I played it perfectly (I probably should have lost one less bet than I did - check/call on river), but I definitely couldn't put him on a set... I figured he called on the flop with a 10 or a flush draw. After he raised and the other guy called, I dunno what I was thinking, really.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:54 PM

Grunch.

Well, obviously the flop is standard. I wonder what UTG+1 is raising with on the turn that you're ahead of? I'm not looking at results before posting this. Absent any weird reads on this player, I'd guess he was on either TT, 88, or possibly AA (if he'd been going for a limp-reraise...dunno if he's that type of player). If the 3 helped him, then he is a strange player -- so I'm inclined to think he loved his hand on the flop. You could think of raising the turn to get rid of CO...but if he's called two cold, he's not going to fold for one (or even two) more. So I think I'd be calling the raise there and check-calling the river.