Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-24-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Worst... Xmas Presents... Ever

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cmon, it's the thought that counts

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of thought is involved in cookies if you have your maids bake them? And yes.. i'm 99% sure their servants made them.

[/ QUOTE ]

With your sparkling personality I'm surprised that anyone feels compelled to get you anything at Christmas. Maybe the toiletries and t-shirts are all your aunt and uncle can stomach getting their douchebag nephew?
Old 12-24-2005, 03:52 PM

I once got an ex-girlfriend a couple presents, which included some massage oils and a sexual board game (and then a sweater or some [censored]). Anyways, our parents were kind of friends so we decided to do a big Christmas thing together. I didn't realise we were going to open presents then, but that's what they decided to do. It was too late.

So in front of her parents, my mom, my 15 year old sister, 11 year old brother, and her 25 year old brother she opens up massage oils followed by the this raunchy board game called "Climaxxx". The tag line on the box said something like, "For once the first one to come loses". Boy that was awkward. I wonder which family member was most appalled.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:09 PM

Now that's a good story.

My aunt was the queen of this stuff, but on purpose. She would always give sex toys to my mom and dad, and goofy sex themed underwear to the teenage kids. She was a riot, and did get my mom to blush a few times. We would always wonder what the heck she was up to this time when opening up stuff from her.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:48 PM

When I was 13, I really wanted an electric guitar for Christmas.

That morning, my sister barged into my room at 6 a.m. to wake me up, shouting, "You won't believe what they got you!" I just wanted to sleep, but I got up, very groggy, and staggered into the living room, where a gleaming blue electric guitar was leaning against the wall.

Excited, I ran over to it and grabbed it from the wall. Immediately I realized I'd been had -- my parents had purchased me a cardboard cutout of an electric guitar.

I was very, very pissed at the time. But I think it's great now, almost 20 years later.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I was 13, I really wanted an electric guitar for Christmas.

That morning, my sister barged into my room at 6 a.m. to wake me up, shouting, "You won't believe what they got you!" I just wanted to sleep, but I got up, very groggy, and staggered into the living room, where a gleaming blue electric guitar was leaning against the wall.

Excited, I ran over to it and grabbed it from the wall. Immediately I realized I'd been had -- my parents had purchased me a cardboard cutout of an electric guitar.

I was very, very pissed at the time. But I think it's great now, almost 20 years later.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty awesome; sounds like a great way to make a serial killer.

Worst present I can think of off the top of my head was a two-for-one coupon from a flyer for one of those '3d turbo rides' in a nearby mall.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I once got an ex-girlfriend a couple presents, which included some massage oils and a sexual board game (and then a sweater or some [censored]). Anyways, our parents were kind of friends so we decided to do a big Christmas thing together. I didn't realise we were going to open presents then, but that's what they decided to do. It was too late.

So in front of her parents, my mom, my 15 year old sister, 11 year old brother, and her 25 year old brother she opens up massage oils followed by the this raunchy board game called "Climaxxx". The tag line on the box said something like, "For once the first one to come loses". Boy that was awkward. I wonder which family member was most appalled.

[/ QUOTE ]WTF? Why didn't you just leave the presents in the car or something and give it to her later?
Old 12-24-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF? Why didn't you just leave the presents in the car or something and give it to her later?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because the story is fictional.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]WTF? Why didn't you just leave the presents in the car or something and give it to her later?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I didn't realise we were exchanging presents in front of everyone so I brought them inside to give to her after everyone left. They were already under the tree so I couldn't really say, uhhhh, don't open that, although in retrospect that would've been way less awkward. Meh, makes for a good story anyways.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:50 PM

I spent $2 on my best friends gift this year, though it was a gold zippo. I got three others too. For his birthday last year I gave him handcuff keys. He always loves my gifts, despite the horrible cheapness of them.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:17 PM

I think last years Tsunami was a pretty crappy Xmas present.