Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Any questionable spots?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks...

15/30 is a solidly laggy game in general and this particular table was no exception. UTG was 70/10 and CO was 40/25 and a pain. How does it look?

Krishan
Old 11-04-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Any questionable spots?

Hey Krishan,

I don't like the flop bet much. It appears given your opponent's loose tendencies / hand ranges and the texture of the board that you won't have much FE. I'd c/c the flop.

I'd also bet the river. Our relative positon to CO is relatively poor, and we shouldn't really worry about KQ b/c of no pfr... were you concerned that a donk would fold players? This river looks like it could definitely make 2pair / 1pair hands that will call your bet, or possibly raise so you can bet-3bet.

Surf
Old 11-04-2005, 01:23 PM

I don't like the flop or the river. On the flop I know you are double gutted but I don't think this is a good spot for the semibluff. Everyone and their mother probably connected with this flop in some way and in a laggy game like this one you're gonna get raised a lot. The bad thing is you will often be raised by an early position player which is no good. Also better straight draws and possible flush draws reduce your equity. I would check the flop.

On the river I would bet to trap UTG and make sure CO doesn't check through. The T is a scary card for someone holding like J8 or something like that and even players with those stats suck at river value bets. If he is laggy it gives you the chance to 3bet as well.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the flop bet much. It appears given your opponent's loose tendencies / hand ranges and the texture of the board that you won't have much FE. I'd c/c the flop.

I'd also bet the river. Our relative positon to CO is relatively poor, and we shouldn't really worry about KQ b/c of no pfr... were you concerned that a donk would fold players? This river looks like it could definitely make 2pair / 1pair hands that will call your bet, or possibly raise so you can bet-3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly
Old 11-04-2005, 01:24 PM

surf,

does the double gutter make it a little more forgiveable, or does the flush draw plus potential of making the ass end devalue the "OESD" too much for you regardless? I agree that this would be a godawful board to semibluff at, in the event we did hold a gutshot
Old 11-04-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It appears given your opponent's loose tendencies / hand ranges and the texture of the board that you won't have much FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I have no fold equity. I was just trying to build a pot that I think I had good equity in. The 2 flush really makes that plan unattractive though and I think it was a bad play.

Krishan
Old 11-04-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
making the ass end devalue ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ass end is pretty clean since KQ is a 3-betting hand in this game. I probably should discount a little for K8.

KRishan
Old 11-04-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On the river I would bet to trap UTG and make sure CO doesn't check through. The T is a scary card for someone holding like J8 or something like that and even players with those stats suck at river value bets. If he is laggy it gives you the chance to 3bet as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you are right. I figured my hand was good near 100%. I also thought that UTG would probably not call a lead without a pretty good hand. I don't think he would call closing the action without something either.

I thought that Villian would bet most his holdings so I thought my best chance for a 2 bet river was to cr and not worry about losing UTG.

Normally I lead this river to trap. I think my normal play is correct.

Krishan
Old 11-04-2005, 01:34 PM

you're telling me a 70/10 won't call a river lead in a fairly large pot without a "pretty good hand" ? Come on...
Old 11-04-2005, 01:34 PM

15/30 is out of my league, but I'm not sure what the point of the flop bet is. You've got 6 clean outs, but even then you're subject to redraws. I'd rather check figuring someone will bet it for me, and if it's check around, that's not a huge loss since you're on a draw anyway.

The river seems close on check raising vs trying to bet with the intention of 3-betting a raise.