Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 01:44 AM

Default River...Call or Reraise?

Villain is 43/15/1.3 and was actively involved at this table over 300 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (8.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>

Who calls and who raises?
Old 11-04-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: River...Call or Reraise?

I think this guy either has A3 (most likely), a monster (aces, tens, nines) that he played like an idiot, or is on a total bluff (least likely). Ignoring the total bluff, you need to be right 67% of the time to make raising correct. I think that you meet that criteria so I say raise.

All that being said, I would most likely wimp out in the heat of battle.

BTW, do you ever 3 bet pf here? I think there is value to 3 betting here.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:04 AM

You didnt get the memo about that?
Old 11-04-2005, 02:07 AM

call in confusion. i wouldn't even consider raising against this opponent. 1.3 AF is mild.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You didnt get the memo about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

?????????????????????
Help me out.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call in confusion. i wouldn't even consider raising against this opponent. 1.3 AF is mild.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what do you put him on? 25? 33?

Also don't forget that this guy is putting money in the pot nearly half the time (not including the times he gets a free look from the BB). When you play that many hands, 1.3 aggresion factor can be significant, especially if he calls on the flop a lot with crap.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:28 AM

Im calling this. I am really confused how villian played it. 99/TT/AT are all possibilites although A4 and A3 are also. I still dont see any value in reraising the river.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im calling this. I am really confused how villian played it. 99/TT/AT are all possibilites although A4 and A3 are also. I still dont see any value in reraising the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just can't see him calling the turn and raising the river with anything but a monster or A3. A monster isn't that likely because Hero and the board have a lot of the cards required of a monster.

IMO 43s is more likely here than At. Results??
Old 11-04-2005, 02:54 AM

I hate the turn check. Let him raise with an ace so you can 3bet or bluff raise with a hand that needs to at least see the river. A lot of his CO opening hands probably have a straight draw here as well that he will often call but not bet.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just can't see him calling the turn and raising the river with anything but a monster or A3. A monster isn't that likely because Hero and the board have a lot of the cards required of a monster.

IMO 43s is more likely here than At. Results??

[/ QUOTE ]

I still dont think that 43s is more likely than AT. IMO it would go A3&gt;AT&gt;43 I may be wrong about this though.